Fly Fusion Forums

Visiting Calgary

Visiting family back in the old home town. Looking to fish the Bow and maybe the Elbow the week of the 13th and I have a couple of questions..

I see from some of the reports that the water is a bit warm. Should we plan on early morning and late evening fishing?

It has been a while since I fished the Bow (6-7 years) and I will be without a boat so looking for some suggestions on wading areas. Heck even some advice on a guide or two.

Any help appreciated.

BigMac in Seattle

Hey BigMac,

Good to hear you are getting to come home to fish the Bow. Send me a pm when you hit Calgary and I'll give you directions to few primo Trout lies and what flys to get their attention.

Much appreciated. Not certain of arrival date since we're fishing the Elk and Livingstone on the way up.

Access to the Livingstone is currently closed and expected to be next week unless it rains.

http://albertafirebans.ca/

Have fun in Cow Town.

Thanks for the heads up. Current plans are to fish the Elk and Crowsnest for 3-4 days then hit Flamesville for some decent Chinese food and a Peter's Burger. Not to mention Glamorgan Bakery for their sausage roll - ah the things you miss while away ...

Mac

Thanks for the heads up. Current plans are to fish the Elk and Crowsnest for 3-4 days then hit Flamesville for some decent Chinese food and a Peter's Burger. Not to mention Glamorgan Bakery for their sausage roll - ah the things you miss while away ...

Mac

Thanks to those who provided some information on rivers and such. We are heading back to the Seattle area today and had fun on the Elk, Crowsnest and Bow. Managed many cutts on the Elk and many fish on the Crow. The Bow was bit more of a challenge. We managed 2 browns, 3 rainbows and one monster white fish that measured 21 inches (largest I have seen).

The float of the Bow was fun - saw many large fish and wish we landed more. My son landed the large white fish and a large rainbow - he had fun.

Again, thanks to those who provided input.

Stew