Fly Fusion Forums

The Retro Thread

Whoa...you guys are dating yourselves... :angel:smail:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Click here if the movie does not play.

Discovering some good Aussie country...

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

And a tear jerker just for fun...

For those of you who don't know, Allison and Shelby are sisters. When they were little girls, they witnessed their father murder their mother and then kill himself. This is the song they wrote to the mom they had to grow up without.

Yup. Shock therapy and manic depression will do that to a guy I guess

That's for sure. I have family knowledge of both, including the shock therapy (not joking at all). Really tough to come out on the other side, luckily my family member did. Hope she stays that way, but the reality is it is really hard for people who are manic to stay on their meds.

Didn't really know what his condition was (and I feel a bit bad now!), just that his behavior was erratic to say the least. Dude sure could write a song though. My wife absolutely loves him. Joe Ely sings a bunch of his songs and she started listening to him because she was a big Joe Ely fan. Here is a bit of Joe, not doing Townes but a song about Billy the Kid (my favorite Joe Ely tune)

There's a movie about Van Zandt called "Be Here to Love Me", pretty interesting life he lived.

Speakin of texans tex, Jerry Jeff Walker does it for me, missed him at Ranchmans a few years back. Also John Prine is all over my ipod, Playing here October 19th..( our anniversary but my bride is not a fan, I'll tell her how good the show was)...