Fly Fusion Forums

Simms Waders

Birddog

I have an oppurtunity to get a pair of simms g3 convertble waders at a decent price, any reviews or anybody own a pair?

Thanks

I use the gortex-Headwaters, only thing I can suggest to you is make sure they fit loose, even the ones I use, the calf and stocking foot can be left to desire..not enough room in the calf, way to much in the foot..no happy mid point..and I won't buy another pair..........Wolfie

Got a pair this spring, they are really durable. The thick lower legs are tough, I hit barbwire and no puncture. The velcro on the suspenders may wear out over time, but this hasn't happened to me yet. Also the chest pocket is tiny, but still useable. I have about 75 days on them with no prob;ems yet.

In my opinion Simms makes the best waders out there. Have a pair of G3s and G4Zs and wouldn't trade them for anything. Very durable and the warranty/repair service is top notch. Just make sure the fit is right because they have lots of options - S, M, L, XL, XXL, 3XL, 4XL plus king, long, and short in each.

Bought them about 3 months ago and have at least 30 trips without a scratch. On one trip I slipped on a piece of concrete under water that had a a chunk of re bar sticking out that cut my shin. It never even marked the waders. Great durability. If you have a good price I say go for it.

• 3 months later...