Fly Fusion Forums

Who Is So God Damn Insecure And Weak ?

I went with my son , to one of our wonderful Golden trout lakes. I had been there not two weeks before camping and fishing for 4 days, caught 4 fish and considered it a roaring success.. even with the shitty weather with the damn hard hail..

SO I HAVE TO ASK WHO IS SO GOD DAMN INSECURE, WEAK MINDED THAT THEY NEED TO USE THIS TO CATCH AN EIGHT OR TWELVE INCH TROUT? ( yes I am shouting as I am damn mad about this)

IMGP0008-5.jpg

Before anybody says it yes it is legal to use this type of fishing gear, take very close look..

IMGP0007-14.jpg

I believed that the education system here in AB was great but they do not teach reading or comprehension of rules and regulations WTF.. it is still barb'd and that rule came in when? 2005 +/-

IMGP0006-13.jpg

It is brand new it was not there when I camped there.. I would have stepped on it!!

So go ahead and defend this, I frigging dare you I just dare you to defend this type of fishing, morally or ethically....

Do you really think that just because you went through all the trouble to hike there that you deserve to catch a fish ? BULLSHIT That is it your god given right to get a fish anyway you can ? BULLSHIT

Where is the PRIDE and INTEGRITY in using this to catch these fish.. you have NO conscience FRIGGING NONE ! I would not want the like of you as my fire team partner ( soldiers may only understand this last part, but it is damn important! ) I would take great pleasure in inserting the ****ing thing in your lips and then ripping it out!!!! Barbs and all...

If you recognize this then be a man and explain why you would have this and use it , I bet that you are too weak and insecure... I will publicly apologize to you and buy you a coffee if you can ....

yes, I am being self righteous here, am I being hypocritical NO, I would rather fish for a year or a hundred years and catch nothing, the legal and right way then catch one fish illegally and immorally ..

I have taken the time to teach my sons to fish and hunt ethically and morally .. and a scum bag like you does this.. you suck and have no respect for the resource or others, I hope to hell you never pro- create - the world just does not need more of your type.. and I only have so much ammo!!!!!

If you can't deal with this then just deal with it!!! and Piss off, fish the Bow and stay out of the wilds ..

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truthfully I'm not even going to read past the photos, do you know the history of this lure and whether someone actually used it or are you just speculating that it was used. No law stating you can't have barbed hooks in your box. I know lots of my flies haven't seen water in the past decade and they still have barbs, and heaven forbid one fall out of the box while changing. It's a shame these forums are all going the same route......

Truthfully I'm not even going to read past the photos, do you know the history of this lure and whether someone actually used it or are you just speculating that it was used. No law stating you can't have barbed hooks in your box. I know lots of my flies haven't seen water in the past decade and they still have barbs, and heaven forbid one fall out of the box while changing. It's a shame these forums are all going the same route......

Why did I find a Five of Diamonds and another spinner (all new) in the water?

They fell from the sky ?

We are not talking Flies here these are not Flies I have about a thousand Flys that have not seen the water, and I sat down when the law changed and pinched then all , broke a few and yes maybe missed a few, there was line attached and I also found a big friggin wad of discarded mono

These BB'sare going this way because people are going this way, if people did not use this or fish this way I would have posted the pics of my son and I having a great time in a very nice setting.. I did not mention that there was a live tree cut down,for fire wood and the left overs laying around.. etc..

Seriously Ray, you and Über need to network

Taco there are very few things I take serously in life.. this happens to be one of them.. my wife and kids another, hunting another after that not ****ing much, maybe my fly tying..

The voices in my head say I am A OK , and Happy...

Who gave you the right to decide what is the right or wrong way to catch fish? While I agree there is something illegal about that particular setup, I don't see anywhere in the regulations that says we have "fly fishing only" waters. I can't see any evidence that rig has been used from the pictures you provided either so who is to say someone didn't have the intention of clipping off a hook or two and squeezing down a barb?

I can tell you one thing...if the surroundings dictate a fly rod can't be used, I'll pull out my spinning gear in a heartbeat.

Hell i saw it last spring. I was FF lake whities. 2 jackasses on the spillway wall throwing big ass spinners. Trebles.Barbs and a stinger attached. They were strippin hard and snagging the fish. The one dude actually asked me to take off a fish and throw it on the bank so he didnt have to climb down the wall. Then right in front of the 3 of us he rigs up a smelt on a big ass red white bobber and says he needs to take pike home.Um barbs . bait. snagging. Grabbed the phone and said i was calling it in, They sat there and said ok well wait cause we know theres no reception. Then made the smart ass remark of asking to release another fish.

Do you always get this pissed when you find spinning gear???????

I find usually atleast 2 rigs everytime I go, and one usually is barbed!

Not usually but I know that this one was new in the fact I had walked that same ground 2 weeks before and it was not there.. and that I had found other spinning rigs in the water and lots of mono on the ground..

The fact that it is barbed .. is a real piss off..

It is sort of like using Armored piercing FMJ 303 rounds for Gophers.. yes you can use 303 for gophers, But I think the Armored Piercing FMJ rounds are illegal, and if they are not then just imagine that they were..

I have a shelf full of spin Fishing hardware that I have found that will never see the water again..

This is my least favorite subject. I personally reject the thought that someone is somehow less than moral because they use spin gear (discounting the barbs, but you seem to be just as mad at the fact that they used a spinner at all). I have taught my sons to fish with flies, streamers, spoons, spinners, plugs, as well as live bait, while in most cases practicing catch and release. I'm proud of that. Fishing is fun in all it's forms. The fact that most of my fishing, and all my river fishing, is done with a fly rod does not make me a more ethical being. Anyone who thinks it does is deluding themselves, IMHO. In the end, we are all just jamming sharp pointy objects in fish. For our fun. How hypocritical is it of us to decide a single #2, or #12, or #20 is somehow morally superior to a #4 treble?

And I also find it quite humorous, and often sad, that we want to classify more water as fly fishing only. While many of us kid ourselves that we do this for the betterment of the fish (and I will admit that for some this is true-they are doing it for the fish), isn't it strange that while protecting the fish, we don't change the way we fish, since we are, you know, fly fishermen? What bullshit.

And quite frankly, I'll fish any damn place I want.

Who gave you the right to decide what is the right or wrong way to catch fish? While I agree there is something illegal about that particular setup, I don't see anywhere in the regulations that says we have "fly fishing only" waters. I can't see any evidence that rig has been used from the pictures you provided either so who is to say someone didn't have the intention of clipping off a hook or two and squeezing down a barb?

I can tell you one thing...if the surroundings dictate a fly rod can't be used, I'll pull out my spinning gear in a heartbeat.

SOMETHING ILLEGAL ?

Maybe it is time for FLY FISHING ONLY WATERS ?

It was used and attached to a lot of mono, that is in my MONOMASTER..

Clipping off a hook or Two or squeezing a barb..

all that sounds like it comes from someone who does that stuff.. squeeze just one barb on a treble that is enough.. etc..

Maybe a guilty conscience kicking in there ? trying to justify the ends to a means ?

If this seems like a personal attack, I guess sorry, it is just me trying to understand your point of view on this, and how you can condone this type of gear for this type of fishing?

The fact is "if the surroundings dictate a fly rod can't be used" that is not the case , this is a very very fly fishing friendly lake and area..

So I ask you to examine why you are trying to defend this type of gear and activity there..

This is my least favorite subject. I personally reject the thought that someone is somehow less than moral because they use spin gear (discounting the barbs, but you seem to be just as mad at the fact that they used a spinner at all). I have taught my sons to fish with flies, streamers, spoons, spinners, plugs, as well as live bait, while in most cases practicing catch and release. I'm proud of that. Fishing is fun in all it's forms. The fact that most of my fishing, and all my river fishing, is done with a fly rod does not make me a more ethical being. Anyone who thinks it does is deluding themselves, IMHO. In the end, we are all just jamming sharp pointy objects in fish. For our fun. How hypocritical is it of us to decide a single #2, or #12, or #20 is somehow morally superior to a #4 treble?

And I also find it quite humorous, and often sad, that we want to classify more water as fly fishing only. While many of us kid ourselves that we do this for the betterment of the fish (and I will admit that for some this is true-they are doing it for the fish), isn't it strange that while protecting the fish, we don't change the way we fish, since we are, you know, fly fishermen? What bullshit.

Well said.

[/thread]

But do it legally, right ?

Lost in my rant maybe that fact that this is not a legal rig to use, you can have them, carry them, and even pierce your ear with them. just can't fish them, here in AB, this one was used in that water, no doubt about it..

But do it legally, right ?

Lost in my rant maybe that fact that this is not a legal rig to use, you can have them, carry them, and even pierce your ear with them. just can't fish them, here in AB, this one was used in that water, no doubt about it..

But FFF, I gotta say that the barbs seem to be a secondary issue to you. It was the spinner itself that made you just as mad. If that is not the case then I totally misread your post.

Had you found a barbed wolly bugger on the ground, would it have raised as much ire?

call it in and unclench your asscheeks. Stupid people are everywhere, I refuse to let stupidity ruin a day spent fishin'

Agreed !!

Dealt with it, then got down to business of showing my son, what beautiful fish are in the lake, and saw 5 of what you said that area was known for..

I only let them ruin the immediate moment and then get on with my day..

Refuse to let that type of stuff take up room in my head , rant, rave, RAP, POST and then take a deep breath and let it out.. smile.. etc..

But FFF, I gotta say that the barbs seem to be a secondary issue to you. It was the spinner itself that made you just as mad. If that is not the case then I totally misread your post.

Had you found a barbed wolly bugger on the ground, would it have raised as much ire?

UBET !!!!!!!

and yes fact that somebody thinks they need that type of hardware to catch these fish truly baffles me and pisses me off..

If I remember correctly there is only about 900 total of these.. I maybe wrong on the # but these are not a wide spread fish.. so this popped in to my head..

" Admittedly, this is still an uncommon attitude, but it is growing in the face of reality. There is slow acceptance of the idea that if a man does not practice conservation in sport, he is not likely to practice it in other ways, and when the equation is carried out to the very end he finds that it is really his own habitat that he is trying to conserve.

And so the lesson is that man and the fish must coexist, that the angler should use the resource but not use it up, that success need not be measured by the number of the kill, and that every care should be taken to guard the wild heritage of Salmon and Trout so that these best examples of nature's work shall not vanish from the earth. And Fly Fishing, with all its other inherent pleasures, is the method-and the philosophy- most consistent with this noble purpose."

I know FFF thats not the thread he wanted.

I think he wanted a provincial follow the guidlines and rules. What does it cost to publish the regs every year? If albertas not going to enforce them, then put the money elsewhwere.

SOMETHING ILLEGAL ?

Maybe it is time for FLY FISHING ONLY WATERS ?

It was used and attached to a lot of mono, that is in my MONOMASTER..

Clipping off a hook or Two or squeezing a barb..

all that sounds like it comes from someone who does that stuff.. squeeze just one barb on a treble that is enough.. etc..

Maybe a guilty conscience kicking in there ? trying to justify the ends to a means ?

If this seems like a personal attack, I guess sorry, it is just me trying to understand your point of view on this, and how you can condone this type of gear for this type of fishing?

The fact is "if the surroundings dictate a fly rod can't be used" that is not the case , this is a very very fly fishing friendly lake and area..

So I ask you to examine why you are trying to defend this type of gear and activity there..

Guilty conscience about what? I use spinning gear. I'm not ashamed of it. In fact, just the other night I caught a huge Rainbow on the Bow with my untra-light spinning setup. While most of my fishing is done with a fly rod, I'm certainly not afraid to pull out my spinning rod. If that makes me inferior, in your not-so-humble opinion, so be it. We will never be fishing partners and at this point I'm not sorry about that.

I don't condone the use of illegal equipment; never have and never will. Your initial attack seemed to be weighted much more heavily towards the style of fishing, not the equipment being used in that particular situation. I was merely defending the style of fishing, not the illegal equipment.

Fly fishing only waters? As Rickr posted, is there really a difference in the trauma to the fish? I might point out a fish caught with spinning gear is generally landed much more quickly than a fish caught with fly gear so will toss out that a fish has a greater chance of recovery when caught with (legal) spinning gear. I can tell you I landed and released that Rainbow in half the time than had I caught it with my fly rod.

I have two sons. They have been exposed to all kinds of fishing, from jigging for perch over the side of a canoe in northern Saskatchewan to flyfishing for Cutthroats on the Livingstone. As Rickr pointed out, it is the experience, not the method, that is the valuable component of those outings. I could care less what style of fishing my son(s) choose. If they want to come fishing with me, it's a good day. I see it as unfortunate that you have chosen to pass on your elitist attitude to your son.

Someone was reading about what a great hike it was then saw the small print at the bottom saying it had trout and thought what the **** I have an old rod my grandpappy gave me and some lures so I'll take those and give it a go. After 10min of fishing with the wrong gear and losing it all on the bottom the uneducated dickhead packed up and went home.

UBET !!!!!!!

and yes fact that somebody thinks they need that type of hardware to catch these fish truly baffles me and pisses me off..

If I remember correctly there is only about 900 total of these.. I maybe wrong on the # but these are not a wide spread fish.. so this popped in to my head..

" Admittedly, this is still an uncommon attitude, but it is growing in the face of reality. There is slow acceptance of the idea that if a man does not practice conservation in sport, he is not likely to practice it in other ways, and when the equation is carried out to the very end he finds that it is really his own habitat that he is trying to conserve.

And so the lesson is that man and the fish must coexist, that the angler should use the resource but not use it up, that success need not be measured by the number of the kill, and that every care should be taken to guard the wild heritage of Salmon and Trout so that these best examples of nature's work shall not vanish from the earth. And Fly Fishing, with all its other inherent pleasures, is the method-and the philosophy- most consistent with this noble purpose."

I would like that quote better if the word "fly" was removed. Again, the quote was written by a fly fishermen, so is pretty self serving and self congratulatory. Want the best way for fish and man to coexist? Stop all forms of fishing. And lots of people want to do that and see ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE (yes, shouting) between a fly, a spinner, or a worm. The only people who see the difference is us. From the outside it is all the same.

And I'll put my care taking up against anyone.

Edit:

Hey Taco- Should I bring my ultralight Sunday??