Fly Fusion Forums

Camping Around Livingstone River

Hi guys,

I am thinking about going camping/fishing in the livingstone river area. I would like to stay in one of the provincial campgrounds down there and was wondering how busy they are on the weekends? Can a person get a site for a trailer on the friday of a normal(not long) weekend. The campgrounds I am looking at are Livingstone Falls, Cataract Creek and Etherington Creek. I don't want to get all packed up and head there with no place to stay.

Thanks

Based on my experience camping and fishing in that area for the past 10 years, I'd feel comfortable packing everything up and taking a chance. Even on a long weekend there are spots to be found - not primo ones, but even the Oldman campground has been known to be practially desserted if all else fails.

I have been camping at Racehorse for the last 7 Sunday-Tuesdays (I took this week off...bad forecast) and the caretaker says it has been busy on the weekends. Still...I'm sure you can get a spot at Livingston. Dutch, Oldman and Racehorse. If you are at Racehorse on any Sunday-Tuesday...come see me....I am the keymaster of the woodshed on those days!!!

I have camped at Cataract a ton and I have never seen it full on a regular weekend, love that campground. I have camped at Racehorse a few times of the past two years and only once have I not gotten a spot. Sometimes the only spots left are near the FTR which kind of bites. I like Dutch creek up the road a bit better. I have also looked into but not stayed at the Oldman campground and it has been pretty empty.

Love that entire area!