Fly Fusion Forums

The Difference Between Rednecks And Hillbillys

Fishing on the Oldman this weekend. Multiple times groups of Redneck Quadders ripped thru the river above me; one even had a trailer pulling kids. The pool would go milky for about an hour and then the dry fly action would start up again. Needless to say it was frustrating.

Then these two Hillbillys pull up in their truck and set up camp. They proceed to rig up their canadian tire specials attached to the trees on 40 - 100lbs test with down riggers and bells, all long lined from their fire pit to the big pool. I counted four lines total all running into the pool. They stoked their fire, drank rum and cokes and smoked canadian classic ciggs and asked about three times is we had any weed.

Well back come the quadders after a full day, right thru the top of the pool, 40lb test all in their face, tangled in the wheels, and burning on the hot exaust.

The pool went cloudy again but I continued to fish and laugh my ass off because before this I didn't realize there was a difference between Rednecks and hillbilly's.

I think you missed the piont, I am pretty sure people from every walk of life smoke weed, drink and smoke.

It was just funny to see two totally seperate groups disrespecting the river interact. One was bait fishing with downriggers and the other was ripping up and down the river on quads. I never guessed the quad would break the bait fishermans rod and the bait fisherman would tangle the quad. Its was irony at its best.

I was fishing a pool on Dutch last week when 4 quads came up and stopped. I thought they were watching my expert fly casting. My fishing partner then said that they wanted to cross right where I was fishing. It was the first time this had ever happened to me so I waved them on to cross, and they did. I then thought that I should have asked them to wait as I was there first. I shrugged my shoulders and then caught 5 fish in a row!! Perhaps they woke the fish up!!