'52 Buick

Werner Shrimp

Kamloops Pupae

Carey Special

Sixpack

brown micro leech

blood leech

j

Lots and lots of Chironomids and bloodworms. Dragon fly nymphs, leeches and a few scuds. :)

A good book to tie from is Phil Rowley's Patterns for Stillwater. Lots of great Kamloops patterns inside.

Have him phone Ed Smith at Unique Fly Fishing Products in Kamloops. Ed distributes the liquid lace products and is an expert tyer who knows the Kamloops area very well, and knows how to fish chironomids also.

Phone him at 250-376-6641

• 4 weeks later...

Jack's got a pretty good list there. Not that Jack knows anything about fishing around Kamloops. :rolleyes:1.gif

Not that I know any more about fishing that area than Jack. But I also have a few to add to the list.

Of course there are lots of colors of chironomids to choose from. I do like a black with red rib, or a green with red butt. Use a Tiemco 2457 hook in size 12 to 18. If your tying chironomids then be sure to taper them from the butt to the head. A common mistake is to either make them all uniform in size from butt to the head. Or to make them too bulky. Also another tip is to coat them when your finished with 3 coats of your favorite finish. I use one of about 3 things depending on which is closest at hand. Either Sally Hanson's clear nail polish (the cheapest one by far), or Hard as Hull (The most expensive by far), or brushable locktite "crazy glue". 3 coats of either product will give you a nice coating on the chironomid and make it very durable.

I do love using goomphus in that area. They are a dragon fly nymph made with spun deer hair. I like them either in olive or natural color. They both work amazing.

The other one's that I'd add are a black/red leech and an olive sparkle leech.

I think we'd all be missing the boat if we didn't add in a pumpkin head.

The pumpkin heads and the goomphus can be picked up at the Kamloops Fly Shop. They have a never ending supply there. Besides Ron is a great guy to deal with. So even if you don't tie some of these up for your buddy, then tell him to go see Ron and he'll not only get some great flies. But he'll likely get some great information.

I'd tell you my secret fly. But then I'd have to kill you. :psssst: ...................:opps::boomboom:

Rob