Fly Fusion Forums

Southbow Distance Casting Competition

mnm

Well sunday is our grand opening and were looking forward to seeing all of you, Were hoping all you fly casting pro's show up and make a few cast , and then you can have the bragging rights, that you casted the farthest and won yourself a Loop rod and reel. Bring your kids and families and come have some fun, eat a few hot dogs and burgers while you're here. All Redington clothing will be 30% off.

Rickr said he was going to win this , so if any body has a beef with Rick nows the time to put it to rest .

Sorry Rick I just had to put that in.

Were looking for some reel competition, and having some fun . Bring in your kids and let Mike show them the basics of flycasting. Or how to tie a fly. 10 am till 4 pm

Thanks

staff at Southbow Fly & Tackle

403 873-0744

Well sunday is our grand opening and were looking forward to seeing all of you, Were hoping all you fly casting pro's show up and make a few cast , and then you can have the bragging rights, that you casted the farthest and won yourself a Loop rod and reel. Bring your kids and families and come have some fun, eat a few hot dogs and burgers while you're here. All Redington clothing will be 30% off.

Rickr said he was going to win this , so if any body has a beef with Rick nows the time to put it to rest .

Sorry Rick I just had to put that in.

Were looking some reel competition, and having some fun . Bring in your kids and let Mike show them the basics of flycasting. Or how to tie a fly. 10 am till 4 pm

Thanks

staff at Southbow Fly & Tackle

403 873-0744

Well............... what weight/type of rod are we casting, what type of flex, what time is the casting comp ;) what style of line.... come on mike i need to get into the proper mindset here!!! Oh and Rickr your going down!!!

I personally think you should do it with a 8weight rod under weighted with a 3weight line..... Just my 2 cents

Well............... what weight/type of rod are we casting, what type of flex, what time is the casting comp ;) what style of line.... come on mike i need to get into the proper mindset here!!! Oh and Rickr your going down!!!

I personally think you should do it with a 8weight rod under weighted with a 3weight line..... Just my 2 cents

[/quote The competition will run all day 10am thru 4 pm. The rod for distance will be a Diamond Snowbee 7 wt. The accuracy rod will be a Loop Multi 5wt. with Dt line. Hope to see you pro's , so so pro's and wanna be's on sunday.

thanks

Mike,

I think my words were:

"No effin way I'm going in a distance casting competition." Not sure how that translated to "Rickr said he was going to win this".

Dustin-taking me down in a casting contest would be like winning a long drive contest with your grandma, assuming your grandma stinks at golf. It might make you feel better, but it isn't much of an accomplishment!!

Mike,

I think my words were:

"No effin way I'm going in a distance casting competition." Not sure how that translated to "Rickr said he was going to win this".

Dustin-taking me down in a casting contest would be like winning a long drive contest with your grandma, assuming your grandma stinks at golf. It might make you feel better, but it isn't much of an accomplishment!!

Who was it that said.....

"Like paying a hooker for sex and then bragging about how you got laid"?

Kinda like that, eh Rick?

That was funny.

I walk up and Jim is holding a fly rod next to the accuracy area. Someone asks if I'm casting and Jim hands me the rod. "uh, no thanks" I stammer out. Like I'm going to try to cast accurately after Jim McClennan was casting. I wish I could come up with an accurate analogy. Like LeBron James handing me the ball and saying "go ahead Rick, jam one home!" or Alex Ovechkin saying "show us all your stickhandling Rick."

Pass.

Thanks to everybody who showed up at the grand opening, it was a great success. A special thank you to our special guests

Wayne Reading, Ruth Zinck ( Hook & Hackle Club )

Peter Wacko Certified casting instuctor Federation of Fly Fishers

Colin Dunn Snowbee Prostaffer, awesome two handed caster,

Jim & Lynda McLennan . Very Special people with the Knowledge to teach .

chef Rob he ate the most burgers.

To many winners to announce all names ,But the winner for the accuracy was Bryce Parry 9 for 5, it was harder than most thought. Ed Johnson with two casts of 92' for distance .It was great to see our future casters, mostly young girls, some were better casters than their fathers .

Thanks, to all our sponsers for all their great gifts. Thanks again for making this day successful.

Staff @ Southbow

Dave,Simone, Mike.

some were better casters than their fathers .

The wind picked up when it was my turn :rolleyes: but I did beat her on the accuracy.

Jim McClennan was standing next to me after I tried the distance casting and I blamed my poor performance on him and his books. In every book he says you don't need to cast a mile when the fish are only a few feet out. LOL