Fly Fusion Forums

Cell Phone Coverage

Sorry about that last try, Connor, I get decent Cell coverage around the Policemans Fats area but once you get down by the Highwood or south of Indus the coverage is non existant. Have you considered a pager? My work pager seems to work in areas that I cant use the cell. They're cheap, I think around 4 or 5 bucks a month. At the very least you could recieve a page with a priority code. Something like your home phone number followed by a 1 2 or 3 to indicate the urgency.

By the way, I got your message. Sunday morning would work well for me. My Daughter and her family live over in Marda Loop area so maybe I could run over there after.

Murray

Sorry about that last try, Connor, I get decent Cell coverage around the Policemans Fats area but once you get down by the Highwood or south of Indus the coverage is non existant. Have you considered a pager? My work pager seems to work in areas that I cant use the cell. They're cheap, I think around 4 or 5 bucks a month. At the very least you could recieve a page with a priority code. Something like your home phone number followed by a 1 2 or 3 to indicate the urgency.

By the way, I got your message. Sunday morning would work well for me. My Daughter and her family live over in Marda Loop area so maybe I could run over there after.

Murray

Take it from a 3 times Daddy. The fish are always there. Kids are born once. Stay close to home.

Conor I was in your shoes not long ago. I stayed close to home on the Bow the last three weeks before the due date.

It turned out I was actually fishing when my wife started her labour. It was a Sat morning only two weeks ago on the bow and I “got the call” so I was home in 15 mins. Glad I didn’t venture out farther than that.

We are 5 weeks off. I am still hesitant to leave cell phone range. Looks like I might be stuck on a world class trout river for a while. Rough.

I was hoping for a cutty or two more this season, or just to get out of the city on some decent water. If anyone knows a spot with Telus service, even on-off service so I can check messages, I'd appreciate the tip.

you should most likely get service on the lower part of waiporous creek. I am not positive on that and I know that if you go up as far as the camping area upstream you would likely be out of service. This little creek used to be called the best cutty stream within 1 hour of calgary...... I also happen to know from a broken arm experience you can make the trip in a Jag to the city limits in just over half an hour. I don't reccomend that for future fathers though as its much more important that you make it in one piece.......

I fished it the other day for a few hours and landed around 30 fish cutts and brookies....... but the biggest was 14 inchs so if you are after big cuttys this may not be the stream for you.... Great creek for a 2 or 3wt.

The highwood from high river east has pertty good telus coverage same with the sheep from turner valley east. But you are about a hour from the nearest hospital in calgary. Maybe one of the people on here with lake access in the city would take you out

There's some lesser known water on the crow.... that has cell coverage.. :lol:

Lower Oldman has spotty coverage... but if you popped up to the valley edge every now and then you'll pick up coverage out of Pincher...

The way the Bow has been fishing... dude... enjoy it this year.. maybe learn some new tricks for some old trout :lol: I know I am having fun on the Bow this year so far!

Just for general info for all, I was fishing down on the Oldman with my brother and he had to phone his wife. To reach a tower we had to drive south on 22 to the top of the hill to the south, about 5 minutes from the Oldman itself. He had no contact anywhere else from the the Gap east.