Fly Fusion Forums

Lake Fishing

thefisherking

The mighty bow has been kickin my ass lately so tyfish and i decided to bust out the chronies and do some lake fishing. Fished for 2 days and banged off some nice fish. Sure was nice to get some deep bends in the rod. By far some of the best fighting fish I have ever had on the fly rod.Here's a few pics.

Tyfish getting schooled by a bow.

lakefishing006-1-1.jpg

lakefishing008-1-1.jpg

lakefishing001-1.jpg

tpics101-1.jpg

tpics097-1.jpg

tpics099-1.jpg

It was funny, sometimes the indicator would just twitch and before i had a chance to set the hook and the fish was 5 ft in the air. I had one jump and land on my pontoon. It was pretty cool. To bad we have to travel to Bring Cash to get a taste of these badboys.

It was funny, sometimes the indicator would just twitch and before i had a chance to set the hook and the fish was 5 ft in the air. I had one jump and land on my pontoon. It was pretty cool. To bad we have to travel to Bring Cash to get a taste of these badboys.

YA....Was worth it to me to get all 3 species....Pretty awesome fish....And like ya said...They freakin JUMP!!!...Might have to meet ya out there before to long....Was thinkin bout not goin back this year....But....Im gettin an itch....lol...

Cheers...Jeff..

Did you see any surface action while you were there? I'm ready to lose my indicators already.

Just a suggestion....Try fishing nymphs, including chironomids without an indicator, you might be pleasantly surprised! There are many ways to fish a nymph, suspending them under an indicator is only one.

Just a suggestion....Try fishing nymphs, including chironomids without an indicator, you might be pleasantly surprised! There are many ways to fish a nymph, suspending them under an indicator is only one.

Ah... yes O double haul master...You are so very right....I have seen you in action....you do so very very well in your "Light Side" fishing....while you ask me to leave the "Darkside''...Im am so workin on it.... :D ....But away from the goofin off...Yes Gary...you are right....Damn indicators... :P ....I did get a few on the "Light Side"...Just not on the Dry!!!...

Cheers...Jeff..

Nice pics,are those Pennask or Blackwater or other?

I thinkin...Not sure...But I think you are talkin bout the lakes/Bows that are Close to the U.S. Boarder???.....Close to the Native reserve??...Heard some good things....

Cheers...Jeff..

Not much for spots on those fish....Pennask strain. Cutts are from Connor lake fish.

Gary thanks for the advice. No indicator fishing is often the best way to go. I just like watching good fish stick their faces out of the water to eat dries. I'll have to come and watch you guys catch fish soon.