Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing Line/weight For Vision Extreme 15' #10/11 Dh

Bandi

I am trying to figure out what line to buy for my Vision double hand rod. I should be able to find the weight of shooting head recommended for this rod, but I could not.

If I buy a Loop Custom shooting head (floating, #11), what length or weight should I cut it back (or start from cutting). I am complete greenhorn with spey rods, so I am also looking for good ideas to make this start period easy. :)

I plan to use this rod on a river which is similar to The Bow, though it might have stronger currents and much more big rocks. I believe occasionally I might need to do some long casting, but most of the time medium length should be sufficient (the water is bit more colored than The Bow).

What running line do you recommend to use with shooting heads (and why)?

Thanks in advance.

Since Vision also makes lines like the Ace shooting heads don't they have recommendations on which of their lines are suitable for their rods?

That is what I tried to find on the internet, but no luck (I will go to the shop and ask them too).

That is what I tried to find on the internet, but no luck (I will go to the shop and ask them too).

Email them, they where extremely helpful when I bought my Vision Ace. Even gave me optimum cut length. They will also custom cut the line for you rod. Be sure to tell them the make, line weight and length of your Spey.