Fly Fusion Forums

How To Build Your Own Boat

Has anyone ever built their own boat? I have acces to all materials, welding equipment, as well as a brake to bend the panels. I've been thinking about fabricating my own. If anybody has plans or advice I wouldbe thanful. I was thinking a pram, jon boat or Mackenzie drift should be quiet easy.

Thanks, Fastpoke

Has anyone ever built their own boat? I have acces to all materials, welding equipment, as well as a brake to bend the panels. I've been thinking about fabricating my own. If anybody has plans or advice I wouldbe thanful. I was thinking a pram, jon boat or Mackenzie drift should be quiet easy.

Thanks, Fastpoke

you can find Mackenzie plans fairly eazy on ebay for under $10.. I have thought of doing my own aluminum boat... but that would take valuable fishing time.. good luck

What are 4x8 3/16' sheets of aluminum worth? that's what you would be working with right?

If it was welded, I can't see it taking a lot of time. At least there would be no need to sand and epoxy it. I have the added benefit of owning a welding shop. We did a repair on a Al. fishing boat about a year ago, and relized, I could do a way better job then what that company did. It was custom built on the west coast.