Fly Fusion Forums

I've Finally Done It!!!

YES!!! I have finally done it. Around mid to early june I happened to break the tip off my rod. It broke when I was on my way to the river. It happened to be sitting in the passenger seat of my car, not in it's case, too lazy to disassemble my rig from the previous evening. I went into the stupid little "convenient" holder thing in the middle of the seats, the armrest, to grab a smoke. My rod happened to slide right into position where the armrest inevitably closed on the damn thing....... the snapping sound was very quiet, yet the sound was so scary it still echoes true through my mind. I was sitting in view of the river too, just waiting out a rainstorm which passed by minutes later.

So, what have I finally done you might be asking yourself.......and it's this. I have gotten past the point of laziness, and instead of getting it repaired ( or even thinking about it), I have decided to use my rod just the way it is. Why? well, laziness. I don't want to pack up the damn rod and send it to britain for it to get repaired, **** that.

I do have a question though. How much do rod repairs cost, and where can I get it done RIGHT. I don't care if it's a little more expensive, just don't want it breaking again midway through cast. Or, are replacement tips available for purchase? My rod isn't very expensive brand, so I'm not sure if I can even buy a replacement tip or not. Greys G series

<_<

Eau Claire Rod Companyhere in town did a repair for me about 5 years ago. Cost $35, but I'm not sure if he's still around. Phone 874-3075. That said , you'll be better off investing in a new TFO. Reasonable price, and a lifetime warranty.

Last time when my 3 broke at the tip, it was midway through the day and deciding not to pack it in and I decided that I could still roll cast with it and that turned out to be a bad idea as the 2 male ferrule broke inside the 3rd female as well as formed a crack, and then I had to bring in three peices to get fixed