Fly Fusion Forums

Gummy Minnows

i bought almost every color under the sun 2 years back thinking i was goign too make somethign special! they looked hella cool! big ones small ones baby trouts baitfish etc but have had too almost force feed them too fish ... even bulls! swung drifted striped drifted under indis etc... just hasnt bin my day fishin gummies! its almsot a running joke with a few friends now.. sure they work somewere tho!

There is a saltwater soft plastic lure series that looks like this. The first time I saw them I bought a bunch and thought of hiding the rest behind other packages of soft plastics so no one else would see them. That way I would have them all to myself and I would be a fish catching machine.

1 month, 1000s of casts and no fish later, I finally wrote them off. I would try them, catch nothing, switch to traditional lures, catch fish, switch back and catch nothing again. Max said "they catch fish somewhere." Well maybe, but I think they catch fishermen everywhere.

i here ya jayj but it was worth a shot! gotta experiment.. made some sick little dace, sucker, bows, browns n cutties not just silver ones..... but i think in teh flats they get softer and have some more movement...... not 100 on that one tho