Fly Fusion Forums

Motorbike Access

Hi everyone. I usually just read all of the great stuff you all post on this forum and in fact this is the my first posting. I grew up fishing dry flies on very small rivers in southern alberta, (mostly just one river) and am looking for places locally that I would be able to drive my motorbike to to gain access to the river. I have been down to policeman flats and drove to the bridge crossing the highwood river on Hwy 552 (looked like all private property there though) but wondering if anyone knows of other areas and other rivers I could go with my motorbike.

Also, if anyone rides and wants to go fishing (ride, fish or preferably both) I'd be happy to have some company (although I'll warn you my fishing knowledge and skill is limited).

Thanks.

Guess no one was too interested in this topic. Hope you didn't get the idea that I wanted to go off road motorbiking to get to the river, I have a street bike and just don't know what roads would be gravel and what is paved. I don't mind walking a bit to get to the river from a parking spot if anyone minds giving me some pointers.

:wave_smile:

Stick to the pavement... better fishin' ;)

If you're a rider with some skill I'd imagine you could about anyplace a 2 wheel vehicle could go. I watched a baja bug go up and over Tornado Pass into BC one time , though I don't think you'd wanna try that.