Fly Fusion Forums

Visiting Alberta Need Info

1 hour west on highway 3 you will find the Crowsnest River. Good access all along highway 3. To the north (take highway 22 north from highway 3 at Lundbreck) you will find the Oldman River. You can follow the road west from where you cross the Oldman (road is on south side of oldman)... that will take you out to the Gap area(Oldman river), and racehorse creek. That's a good starting point for some good fishing.... I'm sure others will have more to add

PS you will have a car while in Lethbridge?

1 hour west on highway 3 you will find the Crowsnest River. Good access all along highway 3. To the north (take highway 22 north from highway 3 at Lundbreck) you will find the Oldman River. You can follow the road west from where you cross the Oldman (road is on south side of oldman)... that will take you out to the Gap area(Oldman river), and racehorse creek. That's a good starting point for some good fishing.... I'm sure others will have more to add

PS you will have a car while in Lethbridge?

Yes I will have my vehicle. That sounds like a perfect trip. I did some looking and did not see any listings for fly shops in Lethbridge. Am I safe to assume that traditional patterns will work well for me? I normally fish Utah streams and rivers.

Thanks

2 good shops in the Crowsnest Pass

Crowsnest Angler on Highway 3 in Blairmore

and

the Crowsnest Cafe & Fly shop on Hwy 3 in Coleman.

Also a shop in Ft Macleod on the way to the Pass and in Lundbreck near the Crowsnest River in the Pass.

Just about any water is good once you get to Pincher Creek.

PM me if you want some more info, but you really can't go wrong with ant/beetle and grasshopper patterns on most water in the area in August.