Fly Fusion Forums

Can You Name This Fly

Flytyer

Almost all refs I found on it has the hackle collar and personally I like it on the fly. I only know it as the Humber Magic and you got it right. I did a few colour variations that I want to try this year. One has a blue guinea collar and another has a chartruese collar.

Most of the patterns I've come across call for the black collar but one calls for the collar tied as a throat. A search for pics actually turned up a more assorted bunch of flies. I started with what appeared to come across as the "original" standard, tied that and then played with the colour a bit. I did well with this fly last summer.

I heard that same thing from a few others about last year as well, I can't say first hand as I haven't really fished there much prior to last year but from my own perspective last summer was pretty good......seen lots of fish

Here's another pattern we did well with as well last year

post-4-1234888988.jpg

is that a peacock cossebom or something from the RAT series...............can't really see if there is a herl bodies tucked under the peacock collar.

Yes it's a peacock cosseboom......now that I look at it the tinsel is too far up the body.....this one is a size 6 but I have a couple of really nice ones in 2/0 which may seem big but they work non the less