Fly Fusion Forums

There's A New Kid On The Block

Weedy1

For all you underwater fanatics here's the latest contender:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0901/09012705panasonicft1.asp

http://i.gizmodo.com/5139949/waterproof-pa...digital-cameras

"The Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TS1 will be available in silver, green or orange models in April 2009 for a suggested retail price of $399.95. For more information, please visit www.panasonic.com/lumix."

ahhh just got the olympus too......I been diggin what panasonics been droppin lately, have to pick one up someday

I knew! :) or rather, I was expecting them to move into this segment of the market. Simply it is growing and too important to miss. I am too a Panasonic fan (camcorder). However, I am not convinced (yet) that it worth €380. Pentax seems to have it all and Olympus is even more rugged for those who want that. Nevertheless, I like the recognize me, macro, HD video features. Panasonic's Mega O.I.S is also supposed to be superior that of the other underwater cameras.

Once more it comes down to which features you want in your camera because all three focuses on different aspects.

Luukesh, I do not think you could go wrong with the Olympus. Certainly, that is the toughest of all...

For sure Andras, I like the Olympus and it will hold up a while......but waterproof HD would be sick!!

Until I see I photo done in the underwater HD then I am not holding my breath. There is a old saying, if its too good to be true then it usally isn't.

traditionaly panasonic is "the first" with new technology in this area then the market seems to follow up the next year with technology that either matches or is better or is at a better price. I say wait a year use the camera you currently have and save some $$$ next year and see what the competition comes out with after all just cuz this is out it dosen't make the olympus or pentax any less functional.