Fly Fusion Forums

Nor-vise

Tungsten

Do you guys know where a guy can get more tips and tricks on the web other than Norms youtube videos which are the same as the ones included on the cd when you buy the vise. I got one for christmas and can't seem to find much on the web. Never tied on one before but after emailling Norm, he said as long as you go in with the perception that you're not a pro right away you'll be ok. So far I love the vise but I don't crank out the flies just yet.

Well i have made a couple dozen so far and i really like it .A 19mm impack socket added on made it balance real nice .Works well for rapping weight ,wire and bodys in general.I could see how an auto bobbin would speed things up but just hanging a normal bobbin works fine too ,i only seem to turn it 6-7 times a fly.I think my next mission is to purchase the fine point jaws ,then make a smaller spining head to attach too.I think it may just look and work a little better.

Do you guys know where a guy can get more tips and tricks on the web other than Norms youtube videos which are the same as the ones included on the cd when you buy the vise. I got one for christmas and can't seem to find much on the web. Never tied on one before but after emailling Norm, he said as long as you go in with the perception that you're not a pro right away you'll be ok. So far I love the vise but I don't crank out the flies just yet.

Here, you go.

albertabowriver.com

rotarytechniques.html