Fly Fusion Forums

Goal Met

Gary

It has been a goal of mine for a number of years to get one of these on a fly. I have tried a few times with no success. Got this one today without trying

fish.jpg

Heh Gary, I don't see any ice or snow in the picture -- where are you fishing these days?? Terry

Yeah Max, that is where it was caught. Jksnijder my brother and his son caught a couple lakers way below the falls last year one around 28" I think and one around the size of the one pictured 21 or so inches

nice dog pipes....ours could be brothers. Mine would be the crazy one, course then again yours looks as crazy as mine, gotta love crazy chocolate labs. Hey nice pup winston, would look better in a Habs Jersey though...ooooops forgot this was a calgary site!

Not to hijack this thread another way but it may have been my friend brent that you heard about on the crow... he got a 27 or 28 inch laker below the falls once. If he's a lurker here maybe he'll post that pic up!

I thought that was pretty interesting.. It would have been a few years ago now, and I can't recall exactly the circumstances other than a guy I met on the water ( the only one that day) and I got talking and he mentioned it. Pretty cool I thought.

On a sidenote about the crow. In the uppermost section before the lake (crowsnest lake) you can encounter the odd lake trout as well. Sometimes they get into the river out of the lake. I've not been actually able to catch a laker in the crow itself, but I have watched what I know was a lake trout without a doubt on a few occasions (watched them ignore everything in my frigin fly box too, gaaaaahhhh...) :laxfisher:

Not to hijack this thread another way but it may have been my friend brent that you heard about on the crow... he got a 27 or 28 inch laker below the falls once. If he's a lurker here maybe he'll post that pic up!

I dont think Brent fishes anymore haha. I caught my first laker on the fly last spring at spray lakes. Indicator goes down so i think its another small whitefish, set the hook and yard it in. Probably the quickest strike to net time ive ever had turns out it was a 16" laker. Tasted good though.