Fly Fusion Forums

Ergonomics For Tiying

Teck71

Vise position,

I spent a good 5-6 hours tiying on Sunday, now I have this painful knot right between my shoulder blades. still looking for a comfortable position for the Vise while tiying.

Any suggestions out there, or sites with some tips about this?

Thanks in Advance

Teck

Vise position,

I spent a good 5-6 hours tiying on Sunday, now I have this painful knot right between my shoulder blades. still looking for a comfortable position for the Vise while tiying.

Any suggestions out there, or sites with some tips about this?

Thanks in Advance

Teck

Think Computer ergonomics. works the same. I find I need to get up and stretch every now and again. Shoulder blade pain usually means you're tensing up. There was a discussion a while back on this if you do a search.

Guest Dennis59

Could also be hight. If the vise is up to high your holding your arms up higher than normal. This causes stress on the upper back and shoulders. I've lowered my vise and find it much more comfortable.

Tight Lines Always.

Dennis S :laxfisher::fish_jump:

Could also be hight. If the vise is up to high your holding your arms up higher than normal. This causes stress on the upper back and shoulders. I've lowered my vise and find it much more comfortable.

Tight Lines Always.

Dennis S :laxfisher::fish_jump:

I agree with this for me at least.....my set up is lower than anyone else that I've seen and for a portable vise I have the adjustable post Norvise as it gives me added flexiblity as to height. For a chair I use a backed bar stool as most chairs will have me sitting too low.

I agree with this for me at least.....my set up is lower than anyone else that I've seen and for a portable vise I have the adjustable post Norvise as it gives me added flexiblity as to height. For a chair I use a backed bar stool as most chairs will have me sitting too low.

For sure, height was the main problem I had. Keep your arms low and the pain between your shoulder blades will disapear.

Top of the vise should be about "Nipple height, I find this is the right height for the elbows to be held low and the hands at the right place..

I listen to Records, about 30 minutes of music and then you have to get up to change the album to the other side..

Try a Task chair with out arms, this will allow you to get closer to your vise, if you use an executive chair with arms you may not be able to get close enough to the vise, and have to lean forward..

Flytyer.. I also use a Nor-vise just got and it is great,it has allowed me to get more done per side of record..

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

smoke a fatty and sit in more of a fetal position. Arms not too high or low and pull your chair close to the table to support your back.

or fix your posture, i sure any grand mother can nag you into that.