Fly Fusion Forums

2 More Hours

Well its not very offen that I am slow at work and am able to sit on the boards and read everything and not get in trouble for it, but today it is extremly slow and just wanted to let everyone know that in 2 hours from now I am off work and don't have to be back till Monday, yeeee haaaaw.

I called in sick and considering doing a little fishing this afternoon, looks like it'll be -3 for the high. I think there will be too much ice build-up up here in the NW, but not sure how much better downstream.

Humm, lucky, I'm working today and Friday. but new years will be nice.

Well on Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, and last saturday I put in over 30 + hours (worked like 10 to 12 hour days) so I am without a doubt loking forward to a couple of days off, hopefully I will be able to hit the river some and do some fishin. Was out last Sunday, weather was surprising good, but no bumbs but was only out for about 2hrs.

I called in sick and considering doing a little fishing this afternoon, looks like it'll be -3 for the high. I think there will be too much ice build-up up here in the NW, but not sure how much better downstream.

The ice is ice down south, if you do some walking and find some holes that are nice and deep then you might get lucky and find some trout, just please remeber to be cautious and safe while walking on the ice.

any good tips for walking on the ice, I guess I should probably stick to spots where I know the water depth

Here the thing, even if you fall into say 1 fot of water you risk hypothermai (sp)

here is what I suggest.

1. NEVER GO TO THE EDGE OF THE ICE, IN MY EXPERINCE THIS IS THE MOST FRAGIAL AREA

2. I START AT THE EDGE AND SLOWLY MAKE MY WAY OUT BOUNCING UP AND DOWN (NOTE: MY FEET ARE NOT LEAVING THE GROUND AND SINCE I WEIGH ABOUT 250LBS I THINK IF I DO THIS CHANCES ARE ICE NOT GOING TO BREAK) ANOTHER THING IS WHILE WALKING ON ICE SEE IF YOU CAN FEEL THE ICE MOVE UP AND DOWN, IF SO DON'T BOTHER GOING AWAY ELSE AND GET OFF THE ICE AS IT COULD BREAK.

AS A GENERAL RULE I DON'T REALLY GO OUT ON THE ICE, EXCEPT TO LAND FISH, AND WITH ME USING THE SPEY I CAN GET MY CASTS OUT THERE. REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU DO PLAY IT SAFE, IF YOU THINK IT MIGHT BE DANGEROUS CHANCES ARE IT IS.

Ice flow at Douglasdale/Deerfoot bridge is very high right now.

Man you had the right idea, what was I thinking..... sitting here at work just hanging out..... you can only browse ebay for gear so much!