Fly Fusion Forums

2008 Year In Review

My year in review is that this was not a stellar year due to renovating the rec room during the summer. But I did have a few highlights, the best of which was a day on the Highwood with Castasterraticus. Also got out with Bernie and Keith from the board for a couple of beautiful days. There's always next year. Happy 2009 everyone!

highlights of my angling year included finally applying all the homework and figuring out the chironomid drill on the annual trip to a bc lake and outfishing the boys by a huge margin [thanks chan & rowley]...the lads no longer consider that to be equivalent to 'watching paint dry'. realized what a brilliant resource this site can be...both educational & entertaining. met some new peeps here, also took a few 'newbies' down the river and got them all on some firsts: first fish on a fly, first brown, etc. love watching people 'get' what it's all about. got in some tremendous night fishing including an after dark float. had a few really spectacular days on both the bow & elk. didn't get to the crow again this year...need to fix that in 09.

got given a full tying set-up for xmas and looking forward to finally taking the tying your own plunge, and have a fall steelhead trip to look forward to.

hope your 2009 is a safe, healthy & happy one.

cheers all!