Fly Fusion Forums

Present For The Wife

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

The wife hinted a lot that she wanted a cell phone for emergencies. I opted for a Bell $20 plan. 100 minutes a month and unlimited weekends and evenings. I was amazed that the sales guys left me with a bad impression. They really seemed to try and cheat me IMHO. First they try and make me pay $25 for a phone that the sign states is $0. Then they put in $35 month plan on the contract which I notice prior to signing. Then they neglected to tell me I should get $50 in accessory credit. It took 1 hour and I felt bad about the purchase. In this market...that is a bad thing. There is supposed to be no charge activation and no monthly access fees.

We will see if they honor that! Hopefully the wife will be happy and the bills will be correct.

Anyone else out there have a Bell cellphone? How has the service been etc?

Cheers

Sun

Was going to make a similar comment Nick.. but then I thought maybe it's because i'm mostly in downtown Calgary.

To me though.. the fact that Rogers is a GSM network makes them a no brainer. If you ever plan on using your device out of the country, then it's an easy choice to make.

Rogers, *hit kicks bell and telus in coverage. Been all over south east alberta and i get coverage everywhere.

no way dude had a roger phone for 3 years and have way more coverage with my telus teh past 5 all over ab in some weird spots too! and many spots my rogers one gave no signal.... telus all the way imho....... cellyphone palns suck but if u talk too teh lady real good u get sick plans and dotn really gotta pay out the ass for it...... its all about sweet talkin teh ladies dude!!!!!!!

Buying a cell phone on any contract is the equivalent of bending over no matter who you go with as far as I'm concerned. They are expensive, poorly made and there are always fees on top of fees. You have to pay for convenience. I started with Telus and will likely stay with them just so I don't have to go through all the crap with another company to end up with ultimately the exact same product.

Just my 2 cents.

Buying a cell phone on any contract is the equivalent of bending over no matter who you go with as far as I'm concerned. They are expensive, poorly made and there are always fees on top of fees. You have to pay for convenience. I started with Telus and will likely stay with them just so I don't have to go through all the crap with another company to end up with ultimately the exact same product.

Just my 2 cents.

exactly

Just signed up the wife and two kids on Rogers. Bill is exactly what they said it would be, which in my experience is strange for a wireless company.

I signed them up at costco of all places. 3 Sony-Ericsson Walkman phones, no connection fee. Got $75.00 per phone ($225 total) in Costco money as well. Did have to do the 3 yr contract thing, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to pony up for unlimited texting eventually. But I was pretty happy with the service.

no way dude had a roger phone for 3 years and have way more coverage with my telus teh past 5 all over ab in some weird spots too! and many spots my rogers one gave no signal.... telus all the way imho....... cellyphone palns suck but if u talk too teh lady real good u get sick plans and dotn really gotta pay out the ass for it...... its all about sweet talkin teh ladies dude!!!!!!!

haha agreed. one time i forgot i even had my phone on me, and got a call near the top of a mountain on a hike in Banff lol. never really had problems with reception for Telus. My cousin on the other hand has Rogers, and couldn't even text message in some towns in BC...was no prob with Telus though

I myself have been very pleased with Bell. Billing and service have been excellent. I got my package boxing week one year and the sales gal hooked me up huge. I used to carry everything with Telus..cell..homePH...internet, ther slowly lost all my business due to poor service....at the end of the day I sure you can have nasty experiences with all carriers.

Guest KnottyGirl
Turns out that we signed on with SOLO via the Bell Store.

I will keep my fingers crossed!

I had nothing but trouble with Bell... they have no idea what "Customer Service" means. They even disconnected my phone for no reason once while I was on vacation. Took me a good two days to sort it all out, and all they had to say was "oops, our mistake, sorry". I recently switched to Rogers and have no complaints so far.