Fly Fusion Forums

Quick Trip To Castlegar This Weekend

Hoping I can get out ridiculously early once or twice this weekend when I'm there.

Thinking the Columbia might be tough this time of year.. seeing as the "wintering holes" are probably a hundred feet deep or something.. Smaller streams.. they've got the Salmo and Slocan rivers.

I'm thinking nymphing in the deep holes are stripping a small streamer really slowly.

Any thoughts?

I saw an episode of the fishing show with the two dudes from down around there, I think it was four seasons on the Columbia. Anyway they were fishing streamers on the edge of riffles where they dropped into deep holes, using black wooly buggers if I'm not mistaken. As far as the other two rivers I think they have some unique regs and closures so read up. Don't want to get busted in BC, as an Albertan they'll max out the fine.

I saw an episode of the fishing show with the two dudes from down around there, I think it was four seasons on the Columbia. Anyway they were fishing streamers on the edge of riffles where they dropped into deep holes, using black wooly buggers if I'm not mistaken. As far as the other two rivers I think they have some unique regs and closures so read up. Don't want to get busted in BC, as an Albertan they'll max out the fine.

In BC we read the regs for reasons of fish conservation not because of the size of the fine.

In BC we read the regs for reasons of fish conservation not because of the size of the fine.

Well aren't we a saint. What flippin' difference does it make why you read the regs as long as you do.

Must be tough to land a fish off that high horse of yours....sheesh. :ridemcowboy:

Well aren't we a saint. What flippin' difference does it make why you read the regs as long as you do.

Must be tough to land a fish off that high horse of yours....sheesh. :ridemcowboy:

I am not a saint. It makes a big difference why you read the regs. If you read the regs based on the size of the fine that would imply varibilityof compliance based on the size of the fine and or your income relative to the fines. In short, if the fine was small and or your income was large you would have less reading of the regs. Sooooooo.......reading the regs based on the size of fine would imply less much less than 100% of people choosing to read the regs. Do you follow the logic?

I am not a saint. It makes a big difference why you read the regs. If you read the regs based on the size of the fine that would imply varibilityof compliance based on the size of the fine and or your income relative to the fines. In short, if the fine was small and or your income was large you would have less reading of the regs. Sooooooo.......reading the regs based on the size of fine would imply less much less than 100% of people choosing to read the regs. Do you follow the logic?

Um.. OK.

I'm sorry, my comprehension skills mustn't be was they used to... Don't read into people's statements too much. It seemed to be fairly based around the issue of closures to me, and probably also gear (Not sure, but I think using more than one fly isn't legal there?) I can't imagine there are a pile of people on this board who would only choose to follow the regs based on what the fine would be for a particular infraction.

Yeah I meant to read the regs, because from what I gather those rivers have complex closures, some parts are permanently closed, some open for certain periods, some open for certain species, some are fly only, and size limits too. And being a dumbass Albertan who doesn't know which one is the bridge to Tokamkary, you don't get cut any slack by the BC fish cops.

Um.. OK.

I'm sorry, my comprehension skills mustn't be was they used to... Don't read into people's statements too much. It seemed to be fairly based around the issue of closures to me, and probably also gear (Not sure, but I think using more than one fly isn't legal there?) I can't imagine there are a pile of people on this board who would only choose to follow the regs based on what the fine would be for a particular infraction.

I am not trying to make a big deal out of this. I think by far most people on this board would read the regs and and are totally commited to conservation. I am not trying to get on my high horse about BC or Alberta. I simply responded to a post that said that you should read the BC regs because the fines are big. This statement implies that the poster does take into account the fine as an influence to read the regs. I didn't read anymore into this and by no means does it imply that anyone else on this board would do that.

Guest RedWiggler
I am not trying to make a big deal out of this. I think by far most people on this board would read the regs and and are totally commited to conservation. I am not trying to get on my high horse about BC or Alberta. I simply responded to a post that said that you should read the BC regs because the fines are big. This statement implies that the poster does take into account the fine as an influence to read the regs. I didn't read anymore into this and by no means does it imply that anyone else on this board would do that.

LOL, dude you dont have to say much to getem going around here lol. Type the sentence, "I use one fly" and see what happens to you lololol.