Fly Fusion Forums

Man I Have Had A Wicked Week...

Guest bigbadbrent

Guest bigbadbrent

Heres my weeks luck to date...

Tuesday : (completely my own fault). Ran over my vest and camera. Camera is toast, as is a bunch of stuff in the vest (fly boxes, clippers, etc)

Friday : Rigging up my rod and saw that a guide was bent pretty badly

on the last fish of the day i broke my rod tip maybe a foot away from the top guide, was planning on taking it in today to springbrook

Saturday : (2am) Drunk driver slams into my car, pushes my car (in gear) a good 30 feet into my brothers car, who then has enough force to hit the car in front of him, and jolt the 3rd car another 10 feet (all 3 cars were in gear). So i ended up chasing the kid down at 2am as he was trying to push his car back home. I'm farely sure my car is written off, i cannot open my 2 back doors, the muffler is pretty much fallen off, there is no such thing as rear lights or a bumper left..and worst of all, my vest and rod (which i was planning on getting fixed) are in the trunk, which i cannot open...

this is a terrible week i must say

Guest bigbadbrent

yeah i grabbed him and brought him back to my house, sat him down on the grass and waited for the cops. They got him for DUI, dunno what else, hopefully hit and run as well, they're taking my statement tonight so i'm sure i'll learn more.

Sadly i dont have another set of wheels unless i start driving my mom's vehicle. And i also commute to high river from okotoks 6 days a week for work, so this is really awesome, i hate bumming rides..i think it's going to be quite a few beverages consumed night

Bummer about the no wheels deal....... I would check to see if your insurance covers rental cars otherwise you can try and sue the kid for the cost of rentals but chances are slim that it will be worth your time........ I would push the ins company to resolve the issue quickly cause as soon as you get a quote for the vehicles worth you can start looking for new wheels.......... I think anyhow...... I have personally never written off a vehicle. Knock on wood.

That really blows. I've only written off one vehicle (engine fire when the dealership forgot to tighten the fuel line to the carb) and the insurance company was pretty fast at telling me what the payout was. I think that when it's clearly not your fault, they are usually pretty fast in paying.

Guest bigbadbrent
I'd say they did way more than just even it up!

haha yeah, i had better catch a 30" cutty and 40+ " bully every trip for the next 2 months

That'll buff out just fine.

A little buffer, nail polish and duct tape and she's good as new. Hopefully everything works out, and if not its time to start helping old ladies across the street (just don't be fresh like Dave and cop a feel).