Fly Fusion Forums

Ultra Wire

misterbig

Was wondering if any one has used the product ultra wire to for tying copper johns? also was wondering if there is a chart to size the wire accordingly. it comes in 4 different sizes and the instructions that i have state to size it to the fly.

thanks

m

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

im tying size 18 to 20 copper johnys right now but i will be back up to 12s for summer so it really depends on the season. for 20 i use speaker wire

im tying size 18 to 20 copper johnys right now but i will be back up to 12s for summer so it really depends on the season. for 20 i use speaker wire

Yep speaker wire is great. Small appliance cord for 16 to 20. Those old appliance and electrical devices offer up some great ribbing.

i usa ultra wire in a ton of colors for alot of stuff for johns i like the "fine" fir 20 n 18 i iuse the "small" for 16 and 14 and the medium for the 10 and 12s.. large i use mainly on streamers, stones and such..... hope that helps dude

wire from old electronics are great too if u want the copper color wire but for any otehr color u gotta buy sumn different.. check out craft stores too.. got alotta cool things there.. was diggin through soem old x-mas tree stuff lastyear and ofund that the tinsel for the trees is deadly for flashabou! everythiung out tehre is usably if u can think of it.. binders make great thinskin is u have em in teh right color...

i usa ultra wire in a ton of colors for alot of stuff for johns i like the "fine" fir 20 n 18 i iuse the "small" for 16 and 14 and the medium for the 10 and 12s.. large i use mainly on streamers, stones and such..... hope that helps dude

wire from old electronics are great too if u want the copper color wire but for any otehr color u gotta buy sumn different.. check out craft stores too.. got alotta cool things there.. was diggin through soem old x-mas tree stuff lastyear and ofund that the tinsel for the trees is deadly for flashabou! everythiung out tehre is usably if u can think of it.. binders make great thinskin is u have em in teh right color...

Funny that you mention that, Christmas is when I buy my flashabou. And Craft stores are a great place to nose around in amazing sometimes what you find.