Fly Fusion Forums

New Bass Pro Shop

Gil

I got the following info from the Bass Pro Shop site, however they don't given an opening date. Does anyone know when it opens?

The Rocky View store will be themed to reflect Alberta's world class river systems, the Central Flyway waterfowl migration area, rolling prairies, Alberta's Badlands, and of course the Rocky Mountains. Huge murals and museum quality wildlife dioramas will feature moose, mountain lions, elk, black bears, grizzly bears, mule deer, whitetail deer, goats, sheep, and pronghorn. The stores aquarium will be stocked with numerous native fish species.

The store will also include an expansive boat showroom featuring a complete selection of Tracker, Nitro, Grizzly and Tahoe boats as well as SunTracker pontoons built by Tracker Marine Group- the world's largest manufacturer of fishing boats.

Known as a very conservation-minded company, Bass Pro Shops provides major support to national and local organizations for their conservation projects and has received more awards for their conservation efforts than any other outdoor retailer in America.

Outdoor education is also a key component to Bass Pro Shops strong commitment to our natural resources and the sportsmen and sportswomen who enjoy them. Weekly free outdoor skills workshops are offered at all stores for kids, women, novice adults and families. It is also not unusual to see various groups, including Boy Scout and Girl Scout troops, as well as school and church groups, and others on field trips to Bass Pro Shops stores to learn about the great outdoors in the comfort of the great indoors of Bass Pro Shops.

More than just a fishing and hunting store, Bass Pro Shops will also offer equipment and clothing for hiking, backpacking, wildlife viewing, camping, outdoor cooking and more. A gift and nature center will also serve up a wide variety of outdoor-related items from lamps and dishes to bird feeders and furniture.

bass boats, no lakes. etc. etc.

I see more Albertan's in BC with nice boats than I do British Columbian's by far. I suspect allot of the guys buying them would fish them up in the interior where they have holiday homes. Beats PST and BCI...

al

Guest Sundancefisher
I've been told the Bass Pro Shop will be the first store to open & it will be in March. The rest of the stores will follow later, I guessing the August date.

Any Bass Pro shop employees on this forum? Please PM me as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Sun