Fly Fusion Forums

Hello From Saskatchewan!!

WLYBGR

Hi, I have been reading this forum for awhile. Great stuff! Im WLYBGR from Moosejaw,SK. I work at BuffaloPoundProv.Park. I flyfish daily for pike and walleye but put thousands of miles every year since 2004 fishing mostly Southern Alberta and few trips each year on the Bow. Amazing fishing and real nice(helpful) people on the water. I fly fish mostly bamboo rods and old pflueger reels. Really enjoy Alberta(cant beat the mountains). Special hello for an old guide I've had 1\2 dozen times (Hawgstoppah)I think he goes by now. If Im not mistaken. Been to BACKING LAKE lately!!! Anyway just wanted to say HI and I enjoy your forum.

WLYBGR.

Hoddymang, welcome aboard, you can believe almost all the advice given here except for maybe rickr's, them transplanted Texans are prone to exaggeration.

Ever fish Sand Creek west of Coronport? Caught some decent brookies just west of the rest area couple of yrs back

Hi, SanJuanWorm(thanks) Hi taco, The gentleman that taught me flyfishing about 10-12 yrs. ago is in his 70's and he fished there lots but that was years and years ago. I haven't but every year its on my list. I just never get there. Did you happen to be fly fishn or spin with a worm. Pretty tight for a fly rod? I have heard of some big brookies come out of that little creek!! WLYBGR.

Taco, I will put it back on next yrs. list. AGAIN! Did you ever fish 5 mile dam, south of Gull lake. Supposed to be a fantastic stocked( big rainbows) little res. I didn't get there yet. Can't get the truck to pull off the road on the way to Alberta. So much water so little time!!!!!! WLYBGR.

Hi rickr. It snowed here today at least 10-12inches(no exaggeration) which means fly fishing is pretty much done for another season. So I guess I have no shortage of time to here about your S.SK. trips over the next 6 or 7 mths. I plan on fishing Battle creek area next year. I usually go to Crow or Bow and I met a guy from Maple Creek, he said Cypress Hills is awesome! So, I guess on the way to BHR I have to check out my own stomping grounds as well. I have been to Bulls about 20-25 times since 2004. I recognize a few faces from the pics on this forum. WLYBGR.

Battle Creek is a great little crik. Faster flowing and smaller fish on the alberta side, but more of the riffle-pool-run water that I like. Bigger fish on the SK side...which isn't a bad thing.

Lots of good creeks and stillwaters in SW Sk.

Who's the guy you met from Maple Creek? Buddy of mine use to own a fly shop there (still sort of does)

HI bloom, same guy is my guess. Rick goetz !!! I met him in the jaw couple years back. We traded some flies and stories. I was supposed to meet up and fish with him this summer but I was too busy doing other plans. I would like to get to his trout festival this year in cypress hills. What are the stillwaters you fish in southwest sask? or are they secret? If so, no problem!!WLYBGR.