Fly Fusion Forums

Please Help !!!!

the main thing we were doing wrong was not letting our fly's move naturally, i always would add action to the fly by jerking my rod tip , almost like jigging (LOL) , another thing i didnt pay much attention to was water levels, i ALWAYS thought they would be in deep water , but that's not the case at all , i was suprised at how little water they sit in , one of the biggest things i think was paying more attention to the hatch, pick up rocks on the waters edge and see what types of bugs they were actually feeding on , all of this has really helped to give us some results, ill be going out again this afternoon , Thanks guys ....happy fishing :)

the main thing we were doing wrong was not letting our fly's move naturally, i always would add action to the fly by jerking my rod tip , almost like jigging (LOL) , another thing i didnt pay much attention to was water levels, i ALWAYS thought they would be in deep water , but that's not the case at all , i was suprised at how little water they sit in , one of the biggest things i think was paying more attention to the hatch, pick up rocks on the waters edge and see what types of bugs they were actually feeding on , all of this has really helped to give us some results, ill be going out again this afternoon , Thanks guys ....happy fishing :)

Not to much luck yestersday, just one rainbow, but i cant believe how many fish were surfacing, and jumping, i seen at least 5- 20+ browns jump 20-30 feet out from shore, and at least 2 dozen surfacing with in 10 feet of the shore line. Is it safe to say when there surfacing that much to switch to dry flys?

S6301214.jpg

Good on yah, you and your roommate man! The Bow is a wicked challenging fishery that has secrets upon secrets about it. It can seem really intimidating but once you start learning how to dial it in the rewards are there to be found in the size of monster trout as you have now seen :) Good luck to both of yah!