Fly Fusion Forums

Oct. 5th Bow: Police-->mck

duanec

ah, so the day starts with a 7am call that the lads are not coming after all [nice], so it's just me & the pooch. that's ok, like the solo days once in a while.

prepping at police as the sun was just starting to burn through the fog.

post-1222-1223264341.jpg

i tried to throw a few casts as i pulled out, not 100 yds dwnstrm & i hook a really nice brown. completely unprepared and it's complete gong show to run the oars and play a good fish, and we parted company soon. i pulled over and watched some others drift by...

post-1222-1223264354.jpg

it was purdy so i stayed to enjoy the morning and finish off another coffee

post-1222-1223264891.jpg

a little while later i stopped to work a few runs and had some interest in a boatman.

this rainbow did not want a portrait taken...um, nice action shot?

post-1222-1223264904.jpg

i managed to use a rod holder and hooked a few while rowing. most were safe, including another good brown that had me into my backing quickly.

working another run i landed this brown, which was the fish of the day...post-1222-1223265173.jpg

the morning was very warm and bright, but by 2 the predicted front moved in and action for me slowed considerably.

landed 7 in total and had lots of ldr's. most landing success was when stopped & working a run but did manage to land a few on the fly.

saw action on a prince, the boatman, copper john & and a sjw.

by the time the floatilla were taking out at mck. a little squall was brewing and it was considerably cooler.

post-1222-1223266410.jpg