Fly Fusion Forums

Nose Creek Fish

according to the older timers there used to be a pretty good fishery in the Nose Creek waters.

this spring my wife found a 9 inch trout on the bank near Beddington walkway where we sometimes stroll. so there are still fish there, though i have never seen one in the water.

is Trout unlimited ever considered restocking this water way to try and reestablish the fish populations?

not really considering fishing it - but it would be nice to walk by this creek and see fish in it as it does seem to have plenty of holding water through out the year and no reason that i know of why it couldnt hold a trout population

any ideas?

I had family in Beddingtonthat I used to visit, that go back over 30 years near Nose Creek. We used to go down to the creek to fish it and/or net fish with the hopes of finding some trout.

I'd say we put in at least 30 days over a few years and talked to a number of other people that had even more history on the creek. All we ever found were Squaw type fish, but no trout. I've heard of a few trout as mentioned, but have never heard of it being a decent fishery and this includes the long time before the golf course went in, so that has nothing to do with it.

The creek has never been good and never will be. I've heard of a few studies and attempts to try, but nothing ever comes of it because it isn't worth it apparently.