Fly Fusion Forums

Got The Ol' Wisdom Teeth Pulled Today

They tell me they had trouble with one of the 4.. so that side of my face is a bit more sore than the other side and I seem to have something that resembles a shoe print on my cheek.. not sure what's up with that! :P

So no fishing for me for at least 48 hours I guess! :blink:

Fortunately Clive's book arrived in the mail today.. so I can still have my "fix".

Guest bigbadbrent

haha, i had my buddy out on the river 6 hours after he got his out..lets say we didnt fish together for a good week or two after, i was a wee bit scared...

Have fun on your tylenol 3's!

They tell me they had trouble with one of the 4.. so that side of my face is a bit more sore than the other side and I seem to have something that resembles a shoe print on my cheek.. not sure what's up with that! :P

So no fishing for me for at least 48 hours I guess! :blink:

Fortunately Clive's book arrived in the mail today.. so I can still have my "fix".

I had two of mine pulled at the same time. Both came right out. The doctor told me "you have a wound in you mouth, so when the novacaine wears off, it's gonna hurt" I said "No shiznit?"

Anyway, I get home at like 10 am with the whole day off. At 11 am, still no pain. So I pop several tylenol and go golfing. Shoot a smooth running 38 on the front. So I am pretty pumped. I played by myself, no one on the course, so it is only about 12:30 or so. My mouth is starting to hurt a bit, but hey, I'm 2 over and moving on. I make the turn and a guy comes out of the clubhouse and asks if he can join me. I say sure. As we are walking toward #10 green, the pain is starting to become a bit more noticeable, but I par 10 and moving on. I hit a really nice tee shot on 11, and then spit. The guy with me goes "what is wrong"? I ask what do you mean and he says I just spit basically pure blood. So I op test his theory and sure enough, it's pretty red. Whatever. I tell him I had my wisdom teeth pulled and he just shakes his head. I bogey 11 and by 12 my head feels like it's going to explode and I walk off the course, 3 over after 11. Usually when I walk off the course on the back nine, I'm a little worse off than 3 over!! There were a couple of birdie holes to come, so in my head it's still a 73! With pain.

I had two of mine pulled at the same time. Both came right out. The doctor told me "you have a wound in you mouth, so when the novacaine wears off, it's gonna hurt" I said "No shiznit?"

Anyway, I get home at like 10 am with the whole day off. At 11 am, still no pain. So I pop several tylenol and go golfing. Shoot a smooth running 38 on the front. So I am pretty pumped. I played by myself, no one on the course, so it is only about 12:30 or so. My mouth is starting to hurt a bit, but hey, I'm 2 over and moving on. I make the turn and a guy comes out of the clubhouse and asks if he can join me. I say sure. As we are walking toward #10 green, the pain is starting to become a bit more noticeable, but I par 10 and moving on. I hit a really nice tee shot on 11, and then spit. The guy with me goes "what is wrong"? I ask what do you mean and he says I just spit basically pure blood. So I op test his theory and sure enough, it's pretty red. Whatever. I tell him I had my wisdom teeth pulled and he just shakes his head. I bogey 11 and by 12 my head feels like it's going to explode and I walk off the course, 3 over after 11. Usually when I walk off the course on the back nine, I'm a little worse off than 3 over!! There were a couple of birdie holes to come, so in my head it's still a 73! With pain.

That was good for a hearty chuckle. Thanks Rick.

Birchy - no fun with the wisdom teeth. I had 2 that were impacted and one that had the roots wrapped around my lower jaw bone. Got put to sleep and took forever to wake up (a little heavy on the meds I'd say). Anyways....I didn't seen one single Advil after they were done....no pain, no nothing despite all the yanking and cranking they did. Everyone is different so just go with the flow and pay attention to how you're feeling. You'll be back at 'em in no time at all!

Ayone know why they are called "wisdom teeth" ? Lets hear your best BS story, as to how they got their name.

Here's my take on it...

You go to the dentist and he tells you that your wisdom teeth need to come out. You ask why and he says that they are impacted, compacted and coming in crooked, causing un-natural compression in your mouth that could lead to serious problems down the road. Possibly causing infection, inflamation, lengthy treatment with drugs, not to mention the lost time at work.

You give him the go ahead and you have them all removed, but you get infection from the surgery, inflamation and go through a lengthy treatment with drugs and end up taking a month off of work before you are back to normal again.

In the end, you get four missing teeth that you were born with and a $5,000 bill from your dentist.

Then you become wiser... that's why they are called "wisdom teeth". :P

I empathize Lynn. Doc broke my teeth into pieces so he could unwrap each root individually. I felt like he was standing on my jaw. The sound and the pressure were nauseating. TG for laughing gas. This was all VERY funny to me. Every time something hurt or frightened me, I just took a big ol' snort. Why I opted to have only two done at a time I'll never know.

Oh wait! I do know. If they wanted to take all four they'd have to put me under. And they couldn't put me under because it was such a small town that they'd have to rent the hospital emergency room for the work.

Birchy- slap a bag of frozen peas on your mug and any pain, bruising or swelling will go away faster. Ice works too, of course, but doesn't conform to a body's contours as well.

I empathize Lynn. Doc broke my teeth into pieces so he could unwrap each root individually. I felt like he was standing on my jaw. The sound and the pressure were nauseating. TG for laughing gas. This was all VERY funny to me. Every time something hurt or frightened me, I just took a big ol' snort. Why I opted to have only two done at a time I'll never know.

Oh wait! I do know. If they wanted to take all four they'd have to put me under. And they couldn't put me under because it was such a small town that they'd have to rent the hospital emergency room for the work.

Birchy- slap a bag of frozen peas on your mug and any pain, bruising or swelling will go away faster. Ice works too, of course, but doesn't conform to a body's contours as well.

Flyangler,

I don't think 'ole Birchy's body has that many contours. Any interesting ones anyway!

Flyangler,

I don't think 'ole Birchy's body has that many contours. Any interesting ones anyway!

Kinda funny that your mind would even go there, Rick. Do you have a big hand fetish or something?

Flyangler,

Kinda funny that your mind would even go there, Rick. Do you have a big hand fetish or something?

Hah, I could say something provacotive (sp?) like:

"I have a fetish for lots of big things"

But that might take this post in a direction I am not comfortable with. And some could possibly see it as me stealing Birchy's post about his aching teeth and focusing it on his big hands. Or whatever.

So I won't say it.

Hah, I could say something provacotive (sp?) like:

"I have a fetish for lots of big things"

But that might take this post in a direction I am not comfortable with. And some could possibly see it as me stealing Birchy's post about his aching teeth and focusing it on his big hands. Or whatever.

So I won't say it.

You're right, Rick, this thread should be all about Birchy... poor,poor Birchy with his aching teeth out there in Castlegar- probably

fishing for bigass 'bows as we speak! Poor ole Birchy, indeed. Hope he has some fish stories to tell to make up for the dental

discomfort, at least.

You're all crazy I tell ya! ;)

I'll report in with some big steelhead in the next couple days. :D

Just checked posting stats for the day- 15 posts for Mr. Birch, but no reports of any fish. Whazzup wit dat? :blink:

I got the whole week off dude!! We're heading out to the mother-in-law's in Castlegar and I'll be trying the Columbia for Steelhead... :D

A whole week? Man I got the shaft when I got my lower wisdom teeth out. Was back to work that very afternoon.