Fly Fusion Forums

Liquid Lace Blood Worms

Fisherwoman

Are you filling the liquid lace with oil?. If so just knot the ends then tie in.

Hi SilverDoctor, Thank-you for replying, This lace is pretty thin, there's no hole to put in any liquid of any kind, I've seen some wire with this plastic coating but I got this othere stuff for some reason, ( don't ask ).

Soooo, I've tired red thread on first than the lace will not stay on I tried to tie on the thread but it makes a ridge at the end of the tie, the beginning it really won't matter if the thread makes a lump cuz I've added a hackle and it looks pretty cool...

Thanks,

You will need to tie in the thread at the head of the fly and bind down the Larva Lace or Liquid lace with the thread. Use close touching wraps and wrap back to the bend of the hook. Then wrap the thread back to the eye, again using close wraps, it will keep the underbody even and smooth (Bumps are ok, as the fish won't care) Wrap the lace back to the eye, put some tention on it to keep it tight, and tie it off at the eye.

You will need to tie in the thread at the head of the fly and bind down the Larva Lace or Liquid lace with the thread. Use close touching wraps and wrap back to the bend of the hook. Then wrap the thread back to the eye, again using close wraps, it will keep the underbody even and smooth (Bumps are ok, as the fish won't care) Wrap the lace back to the eye, put some tention on it to keep it tight, and tie it off at the eye.

Hi, Thank-you! I was told the fishies do know and do see, flies worms need to be perfect or the meaning would be there's no catch there... I would be the fault of that...

I don't think it would need to be perfect. If that were the case, not many of us would be catching fish. :)

Tie one up and post a picture and we can provide some valuable feedback and some tips. On a side note with the hackled SJW, check out this pattern from FAOL.

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/flytying/f.../010305fotw.php

bjworm5.jpg

Hi, I've taken a picture of my worm and it's not going to download a picture no way.... for some reason......

It looks like the catterpiller, but no all red dubbing body, less hackle aswell, some peacock wrap at the head.

Thanks..