Fly Fusion Forums

Property Along The Highwood River

So....this is the first year I have ever really paid any special attention to the Highwood River, and man, I can't stay away. Whenever I have a day open with more than 6 hours its where I have been heading all season. I love the section from Longview to K-Country along Highway 541 there. Does anyone know the property prices for the area? I have browsed a few real estate sites, but so far havent seen anything available in that area. I'm sure it would be quite pricy for 10 acres + and river frontage kind of thing, but its not an area I ever really see depreciating. Anyone got any clue?

So....this is the first year I have ever really paid any special attention to the Highwood River, and man, I can't stay away. Whenever I have a day open with more than 6 hours its where I have been heading all season. I love the section from Longview to K-Country along Highway 541 there. Does anyone know the property prices for the area? I have browsed a few real estate sites, but so far havent seen anything available in that area. I'm sure it would be quite pricy for 10 acres + and river frontage kind of thing, but its not an area I ever really see depreciating. Anyone got any clue?

Buy some really quick so that I can lease a space for my motor home from you He He

As you noticed from that MLS post, I think the problem you will run into is the zoning. I don't think that the land in that area is open to subdivision (at least not yet), which is why you have to buy 350ac. I know there is movement in the Longview area, led by country singer Ian Tyson to prevent any kind of subdivision that would break up the ranch lands and the grassland scenery of the area. For that reason, I think you have to buy a whole ranch or be lucky enough to snap up a smaller acreage that may have been zoned back in the day. While I would love to live in that valley as badly as you, I hope they win the day because it would make me sick to see them throwing up 1 acre subdivisions in there. However, the cynic in me thinks that eventually there will be too much money in it to hold it back.

SJW....I do have a tent...don't tempt me!!! But I will need some electrical hook up, its going to be a long cold winter without a space heater, burrrrrr....!!!

I could never imagine them opening up 541 to subdivisions that would just be beyond sinful. Then again, look what they have done to Jumpingpound Creek in Cochrane, I never thought they would develop that area either 15 years ago, so I guess man who knows.

Thanks for the link Smitty, looks like this will just have to stay a dream until I can conjure up a million bucks. I really hope they protect that area.