Fly Fusion Forums

What To Do With A Broken Tip On My Sage?

Hi guys, bonehead move for me recently. I've had my double rod case in the back of my truck for months. The zipper is busted on it, but it hasn't been a problem because I always made sure it was packed away where the rods would still be protected. The other day I decide it's time to be Mr. Fixit. The second I take the case inside to see if I can fix the zipper...SNAP.... Expletive... different expletive....both expletives put together.

What is the best, fastest, and cheapest way to get a replacement.

What is the best, fastest, and cheapest way to get a replacement.

broke my sage this year as well. took it into fish tales and they fired it off for me [as they send them stuff every week]. new tip was back in @5 weeks, cost something like $45 for shipping, but you pay that anyways if you go it alone.

You can go to the Sage website and contact them via email for specific instructions. On the website it says you have to send the whole thing in, but for Canadians you only need to saw off the last few inches so they can match a new one up. You can mail the piece with $40 and have one back in around 4 weeks, depending on how busy they are. I had mine back in 2 weeks, yet the store never called me to let me know and I waited 6 weeks before calling them. lol

If you take it to Fish tales, they'll probably speed up the process and help ease your downtime, maybe. They also have an extra tip program, and you might want to grab an extra if you can, although Customs has made the whole warrenty shipping an ordeal.

Because TFOs are prone to shatter @ inopportune times? I got 2 10 yr old Sage RPLs that I fished and abused the hell outta, the only warranty issues have been worn guide replacement and 1 TiCr X that's needed 2 sections replaced in 2 yrs and 8 total uses. I intensely dislike drivin' my ass to town to buy another $25 rod section that never shoulda failed in the first place. I'll never buy another one. :devil: