Fly Fusion Forums

Old Scot Split Cane....

agbff

Parents were just over in there homeland visiting the whole team... my uncle sent back a bamboo fly rod. This thing is ancient... came from one of my uncles friends who's grandfather had passed and they found this in his basement. It isn't more then 9 feet and the guides, which were bound on with string, are broken or look like they should break soon. I was wondering where or if there is a place in Calgary that i would be able to take it in and get it fixed up

thanks

andy

Parents were just over in there homeland visiting the whole team... my uncle sent back a bamboo fly rod. This thing is ancient... came from one of my uncles friends who's grandfather had passed and they found this in his basement. It isn't more then 9 feet and the guides, which were bound on with string, are broken or look like they should break soon. I was wondering where or if there is a place in Calgary that i would be able to take it in and get it fixed up

thanks

andy

I suggest you contact Don Anderson, he has ads on this site pm me if you need his info. I love bamboo and rewrap but just for myself. Post some pictures of the rod.

Brought it in to fish tales today and talked to ome of the guys.... We had established that it is not a fly rod but a long trolling rod. I would love to post some pics let alone take some,camera took a spill in the river.

Brought it in to fish tales today and talked to ome of the guys.... We had established that it is not a fly rod but a long trolling rod. I would love to post some pics let alone take some,camera took a spill in the river.

9 foot is way too long for a bamboo trolling rod. It might be a salmon rod or some other version.