Fly Fusion Forums

Wasting My Time?

Ok guys, honest answer to a likely retarded question.

I have seen numerous threads on here praising the kind of fishing that one can do in the early hours of the day along with some great fishing in the early/late evening. I have Friday off, and am planning on spending the bulk of the day somewhere (haven't decided where yet) in the water. Here's the problem. I have to have my kids to daycare by 8:30 - 9:00 in the morning and then have to be back or done by 5:00 so that I can get the kids.

I know that this may sound stupid, but will I be able to catch anything during those hours or am I wasting my time?

PS - Any advice on where to go?

Ok guys, honest answer to a likely retarded question.

I have seen numerous threads on here praising the kind of fishing that one can do in the early hours of the day along with some great fishing in the early/late evening. I have Friday off, and am planning on spending the bulk of the day somewhere (haven't decided where yet) in the water. Here's the problem. I have to have my kids to daycare by 8:30 - 9:00 in the morning and then have to be back or done by 5:00 so that I can get the kids.

I know that this may sound stupid, but will I be able to catch anything during those hours or am I wasting my time?

PS - Any advice on where to go?

Time on the water is never time wasted but instead time gained. They are in there just have to figure em out.

all depends on temp.if its gonna be a cool day the lower bow is bangin. however if its gonna be hot try the higher elevations. with not much time to fish go poke around the cochrane area. lots of streams to explore around there. it wouldnt be fair to say any more.

I wouldn't let the time of the day deter you too much. You can catch fish pretty much any time, although I agree water temp is an important consideration. I find that fishing the banks are a lot more productive in the morning and later on. When things heat up I tend to fish deeper water.

Alrighty, I guess I won't be wasting my time afterall, which is good to know.

Know I just need to decide on where to go. I won't do the Bow after my last two failed attempts, and considering that I am just learning, I will try somewhere different. I was thinking the Sheep.

I have caught trout through the day from morning to night (disclaimer: can I do this consently, that is a diffrent matter.)

I guess the trick to it is just observing where you are catching fish during diffrent times through out the day and applying that to diffrent outings, I keep of fishing journal that I scrible in everytime I go out. Helped me alot.

I guess in the end is there REALLY a bad time to be out fishing? Better then working if you ask me.

im quite the rookie at fly fishing myself, after getting skunked on the bow to many time in a row i always fish the highwood or sheep to regain some confidence.

I have learned over the past three years that cofiedence is diffently something you need when fishing the Bow.

I have been lucky and able to fish with some great people and that has helped alot. But when I go out to the river with a attitude that I am going to accoplish something usally it turns out good.

As Max once said to me When life gives you lemons, turn that *hit gold.

Not that the wood or sheep is bad, but I just love fishing the bow. Oh and EXPLORE, the fish aren't stupid they'll move away from a pressured run.

Hope that helps out some