Fly Fusion Forums

Bow River Trip 08

Bigtoad

Went on a float trip with my dad at the beginning of this week. Was using a Bow-River-Buggar when this guy hit. Immediately was airborn and then took me way into my backing. Finally landed the hog. He was shorter than I had expected at 22 inches but his shoulders were like a linebackers. Best brown by far for me.

Had lots of action on big foam dries in the evening and early morning as well. Caught lots in the 17-19 range.

I purchased some "climax" 10 lb tippet before going out and it seemed to keep breaking at the knot on me. It didn't seem rotten or anything but my line broke way too often right at the knot when there didn't even seem to be much pressure. Is the brand crap or what?

Cheers.

post-2231-1216326539.jpg

Nice fish congrats on your Personal Best. :)

And yeah climax is shiznit..... at least in my opinion. You could have gotten a bad batch, but when I tried it I had the same thing happen, on at least a few occasions and with different test # line.

Nice fish congrats on your Personal Best. :)

And yeah climax is shiznit..... at least in my opinion. You could have gotten a bad batch, but when I tried it I had the same thing happen, on at least a few occasions and with different test # line.

What kind do you use?

Some times if you tighten the knot to quick it heats up and weakens the line. wet the knot with spit next time and see if it helps

I don't think that was the reason.... I tie my knots the same way I do other things; lots of lubrication and I take my time. However; like other things, sometimes even though I think I'm doing something right, doesn't necessarily mean that I am.

Cheers!

Yeah, try a new type of knot and see if that helps better then wasting a whole spool...

Just my $0.02 worth!

P

I don't think that was the reason.... I tie my knots the same way I do other things; lots of lubrication and I take my time. However; like other things, sometimes even though I think I'm doing something right, doesn't necessarily mean that I am.

Cheers!

Cheers!

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

That's comedy gold, Bigtoad!!!

:thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers!

First of all, what a pretty and healthy brown. Congrats.

Second, I actually missed the joke first time through the above reply. I read it a little too literally. Then it hit me. Or maybe Bobloblaw's reply made me reread it. Whatever. I have to say that is maybe one of the wittiest lines I've ever read here. And there have been (sadly, far less often than there used to be) some pretty witty things written on here. Thanks for the full on laugh.

First of all, what a pretty and healthy brown. Congrats.

Second, I actually missed the joke first time through the above reply. I read it a little too literally. Then it hit me. Or maybe Bobloblaw's reply made me reread it. Whatever. I have to say that is maybe one of the wittiest lines I've ever read here. And there have been (sadly, far less often than there used to be) some pretty witty things written on here. Thanks for the full on laugh.

Rick, sadly, I think you're getting old and slowing down a bit!! ;)<--poke--<

P