Fly Fusion Forums

Guess What This Is A Picture Of.....

LynnF

so much for my postwhore aspirations :huh:

Yep...it was a deer. It was on the OMR....or rather in the OMR. Funny thing was that I walked either on it or around it going upstream to a pool and never noticed it at all. You could see the ribs but they just looked like funny rocks what with the wind blowing and distorting the water. But when I was upstream fishing, Mike was downstream and yelled at me to come down to where he was. When I saw what he was pointing at from the direction I was coming from, it was crystal clear what it was. To me anyways - he thought it was a cow. Anyways, I found it kind of eerie...sat down on a rock and just stared at it and wondered how it came to be there. Did it die on a dry bank and the river came up and over it? Did it drown accidentally? Did a bear kill it and drag it to the river? I wondered for quite a while until I realized it was really quite sick and went back to fishing. The dead deer fishing kharma musta got me because I never caught anything after that. Could be that I was a little distracted after that.

Guest bigbadbrent

Theres one just like that on the bow at southland, in that side channel..thought it was a tree, till i got closer

Real happy thread here! :o

There is a carcass just like that deer in the Livingston as well right now. I keep catching trout from the pool its in though so it doesn't bother me that much!

And here is a picture of another carcass on the Bow near Canmore that I found in the spring.

Elk maybe?

2007_04150138crop.jpg

Guest bigbadbrent

I'm sure some of us had the wonderful experience of the Dead Cat Corner 2 winters ago on the bow...that was soooo gross

Well since we’re on such an enlightening topic I thought I would throw this one out there. I don’t have the answer but have always wondered what it was.

whatisit.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's Chewbacca. Poor guy.

Well since we’re on such an enlightening topic I thought I would throw this one out there. I don’t have the answer but have always wondered what it was.

whatisit.jpg

Sob!Waaaaaaah! My poor,poor Poochiekins!! Where did you find him, Weedy? I'd recognize that face anywhere!

That's the exact same expression he had the day he bit my left man-onion. I've always wondered how far he

flew when I punted him.

Yuck! I have a similar story on the Highwood that involves some stink. I was approaching a hole and caught a wiff of brutal odor. I couldn't figure out what it was. Eventually it passed. I worked down the hole again and it came back. I figured whatever it was was between the top and bottom of the hole so I kept my eyes open. I looked down and I was standing directly on a cow that was caught in a small tree and from the flooding was covered in sand, rocks, etc. It was so disgusting. My boots had maggots on them and the stench suddenly became unbearable knowing what it was. And yes it was also disturbing. So I went to the next hole.

Guest rusty

There was a big dead rotting llama just below the llamas d/s of Police last spring. The stench was just unreal.

And you wonder why you shouldn't drink untreated water...you never know what's around the upstream bend.

I know...I hate coming across big logjams...and expecting to see a decomposing body underneath...It would completely ruin my week. :(

That's still my biggest worry fishing is stumbling across that. BTW, they've still only found one of the two guys who drowned going over the weir......

ICK ICK ICK!!!

Don't even wanna know about dead cat corner - probably something DD created :lol:

I seriously fear the day I am floating down the river and come across a body....which is a total reality this year with that one guy still missing from the ill-fated rafting trip earlier this year. Or that baby that that woman tossed in there a few years ago. That'd be just about the most awful thing ever. I even get grossed out when I see big dead fish on the bottom of the river.

That poor dog.....

I keep looking at that pic of a "dog" and I keep looking at my house cats and i think we have a feline of some kind??

check out the length of the whiskers and the flattish skull. to me it has very cat like features. weedy1 how big/small was this carcass? anyone else think thats cat-like?

stepped into a deer carcass on the elbow, gagged a few times on that dead cow in that guys yard just down of the pink bridge, tripped over an antler sticking out of the sand along the oldman it was still attached to the body that was buried in the sediment, and came across a dead bighorn ewe in the gap a couple years back. later

M

This moose didn't get along very well this winter with the ATV/snowmachine bridge.

DSC00631-1.jpg

Creek full of cutts... would have been great to fish a maggot pattern downstream if this was later in the spring/summer. :)

This was one of the worst carcasses...

Paulpackslunch.jpg

Found it in a Grizzly Den on the Arctic Slope. The Grizzly was coming around the bend... I had jumped out of the helicopter to look at a pair of dead caribou calves... fell through the snow into a den in the bank, found a cow caribou and scrambled back to the copter. Didn't complete a necropsy on that one, but we figured a grizzly got her.

Great grayling fishing in the rivers...