Fly Fusion Forums

Guess What This Is A Picture Of.....

LynnF

I don't think the pic I posted was a dog unless it escaped from someone out in the bush, or wandered for 50+ km. The picture was taken north of Nordegg on Chungo road close to the Blackstone. It could have been someone's poor puppy dog but I doubt it.

I snapped the pic because I was more interested in what was inside the skull at the time then the carcass itself. Have a look, some pretty cool creepy crawlers inside there.

Is that gross enough for you Lynn?

Ya thanks Weedy...I had to go back and look at it again after your last post :blink:

If it's not a dog, then you got me on what it could be. Looks like a small terrier kind of thing. Poor fluffy if that's the case.

ICK ICK ICK!!!

Don't even wanna know about dead cat corner - probably something DD created :lol:

I seriously fear the day I am floating down the river and come across a body....which is a total reality this year with that one guy still missing from the ill-fated rafting trip earlier this year. Or that baby that that woman tossed in there a few years ago. That'd be just about the most awful thing ever. I even get grossed out when I see big dead fish on the bottom of the river.

That poor dog.....

That baby wasn't actually tossed in. She confessed in court she dumped it in a dumpster. They recovered it. Still sad.

I know...I hate coming across big logjams...and expecting to see a decomposing body underneath...It would completely ruin my week. :(

Short muzzle, small nose, I'd guess a cat. I've had to drag a couple of bodies out of logjams in the Upper Bow. It does ruin fishing for a while.

When I was a kid living in Lake Bonavista in the early 70's we used to ride our bikes down to Fish Creek (Burns Ranch at that time) we always used to come across rotting cattle carcases in the creek, not a very pleasant thing to stumble across, guess they tried to cross the creek when it was high and would get swept away. Then again theres nothing worse than the smell of thousands of rotting salmon carcases that build up along the streams around here in the fall but its free fertilizer for the streams and surrounding riparian zone.

Colin

I'm always finding dead things, but most often bones. They don't smell so bad.

In a post about the litter pick up, I told the story of the fellow who won the "weirdest find" prize for our first year's event. He went to pull a lawn chair out of the middle of the river and found it was stuck in the antlers of a dead deer. Speculation ensued on the timing of the antler adornment- was he so busy jousting with the chair that he didn't see the truck bearing down on him? Was he trying to wash the chair off? Was he already dead when the chair was picked up by a flood and deposited on the rack?