Fly Fusion Forums

Skeeter Alert

As many of my friends know I am usally not bothered by the flies (One of my nicknames when I coached football was LORD OF THE FLIES) but let me tell you this, this month they are just driving me absoultly crazy, one night they were so bad that I had to call it for the evening cause I just couldn't take it anymore......

Nothing else works for me but deep woods OFF. Gotta love that 30% DEET slow dissolving my skin...

Heh, I had some of that on yesterday and they were still dive bombing me and buzzing around my face and trying to get me through my shirt. Didn't get bit, but the smell of that stuff gives me a headache after a while.

Heh, I had some of that on yesterday and they were still dive bombing me and buzzing around my face and trying to get me through my shirt. Didn't get bit, but the smell of that stuff gives me a headache after a while.

I hit the bow and rdge 282 on monday and got chewed to pieces thanks to the lack of wind.

Hit the same place with my cousin last night and they were thankfully a lot better courtesy of the breeze. But dousing the ball cap with OFF is mandatory unless you want to get fit for a straight jacket.

Absolutely gorgeous night on the river yesterday though. Saw a half dozen deer, lots of birds but unfortunately *no fish*. Still skunked but hopefully not for long.

JM

I heard that Febreeze will repel the little bastards! plus you can smell summer fresh?

There's some new ones floating around on the internet lately.. or at least "new to me". The latest I've heard is a mixture of Listerine mouthwash and water.. I've also heard that Lemon Fresh Joy does the trick too.

After using my trust "Research and Development Tool" - Google - I've found most of these are urban legends.. or at least they don't work as good as people claim.

Trusty old DEET is the way to go. Whether it's slowly killing us or not is a different story..

I heard if you run around in circles chanting "nah nah nah nah...nah nah nah nah...hey hey hey...goodbye" works. I tried it at home and my neigbors think I'm nuts.

In all seriousness though I've tried a product called Skin So Soft or something like that from Avon and it worked 100%. Not sure if it's still around but it did work. I'm a deet guy and I am sure to keep it off my hands.