Fly Fusion Forums

Beddington & Nose Creek

Has anyone ever tried to fish Beddington creek or Nose creek? I used to work on a golf course on Beddington creek and I remember seeing some fish in there a couple of times. So I was wondering if anyone has ever fished it.

Probably lots of suckers, but little else. I remember a kid falling into Nose Creek in Airdrie back in the 90's, and he ended up in the hospital because of skin rashes, so I wouldn't bother with that one. Plenty of good fishing on the upper bow, or drive to Dogpound after runoff if you want the small creek.

I don't know if this is a myth or not, but I heard that there was some electro-fishing done on Nose Creek and there were some brown trout there. Perhaps that is why TU is working very hard to rehabilitate it. Like I said could just be a fishtale.

its a strech, i mean it does connect into the bow right around the zoo...beddingtons a long ways up the creek and through a couple culverts but it could happen i guess i mean im no expert someone might know, just my 0.02

Let me first say I'm a TUC guy and volunteer on the Edmonton dinner committee. But from my view from the bellyboat Trout Unlimited is squandering a lot of money on the Nose Creek project. Sure I know it's PetroCanada bucks and I guess they want to get their name on something with visibility.

But Nose Creek as far as I can tell isn't a cold water stream. Dogpound is.

Let me first say I'm a TUC guy and volunteer on the Edmonton dinner committee. But from my view from the bellyboat Trout Unlimited is squandering a lot of money on the Nose Creek project. Sure I know it's PetroCanada bucks and I guess they want to get their name on something with visibility.

But Nose Creek as far as I can tell isn't a cold water stream. Dogpound is.

Maybe not, but I have heard from a very good source, that there are a few small trout in it, and I have personally seen a few rising fish (but don't know what they were).. if you look past the garbage that pigs throw in there it looks like a brown trout stream, but it seems to get pretty low in the summer. Would be a nice creek to rehabilitate I think, with some riparian work and some pumps and some fines to the golf courses dumping fertilizer in there.

Could be a nice place to fish if it were looked after.

I worked one summer at the Elks golf course on Nose Creek. They have a dam on the creek so most of the time there will be no fish movement. The head person who applies the limited amout of fertilizer needed told me that more fertilizer from one city block enters the rivers than from the golf course.

There is quit a few minows in the rivers and the odd rainbow may head up by mistake after ice out, but the creek is just too warm to be a margainal trout fishery.