Fly Fusion Forums

Bow Goldfish!

maxwell

well u make a 1000 casts a day in this river for the past few years and u eventually pull up another sumn sumn uve never caught before... got this frigger a few weeks back and forgot too post it.... he misteriously got decapitated shortly after the photograph :ridemcowboy:

mayo001-8.jpg

Wow...I would imagine that must have been quite a suprise? Kind of makes you wonder how many Goldfish do end up in the river?? Most would likely make for easy prey, but any introduction of non native species however small is cause for concern and should not be treated lightly. I think it was wise to remove him from the river Maxwell...good on ya!

Cheers!!

yup i here ya dude.. seen a few pics of em posted before on ffa and other sites..... for the record it wasnt a juvenile shorthead redhore sucker like others have mentioned tooo. had an upturned mouth and no suckerish type lips.. dotn even think we got em in teh bow for that matter......

weird man, i'm surprised a bright fish like that would last long in the bow...I know they don't really live in rivers, but are you sure it's not a golden shiner? Pretty common baitfish and looks pretty close to the fish in the picture.

Now you join Hawgstoppah for gold fish glory.

haha... I gotta dig up that pic somewhere. and the japanese koi I got .... get a koi Maxwell, and you will have joined the ranks of the mighty multi species, all kinds of weird fish, plus I catch panties and a bra the same spot 15 minutes apart. You'll never attain such glory! :clapping:

haha... I gotta dig up that pic somewhere. and the japanese koi I got .... get a koi Maxwell, and you will have joined the ranks of the mighty multi species, all kinds of weird fish, plus I catch panties and a bra the same spot 15 minutes apart. You'll never attain such glory! :clapping:

lol bra and panties in 15 min! thats nuts!

the other day i pulled out a neclace, towel and 3 tennis balls in a few hours.

i was looking for the weirdest catch thread and couldnt find it...

can anyone help?

and a sturgeon!

I did tell you about my strugeon didn't i?

foul hooked it while nymphing about 6-7 yrs ago fishing the mouth of the 'wood in the spring... the dang thing was about 45 to 50 inches and probably about 20 pounds or more maybe 30. It was the coolest thing. I got an old pic somewhere, but I don't have a scanner (it's a old 35mm film shot...)

if your sturgeon was 45-50 inches then you are defintitely looking at a 30 pound fish probably more like 35 would be my educated guess. my biggest so far this year is a 52 incher! got totally dominated by a couple others too that would have pushed the 55-60 inch club which would put it at or near 40-50 pounds. sturgeon, what a fish!!!

M