Fly Fusion Forums

Camping And Fishing

onthefly7

Where would a good place to camp be where one could do a little fishing near the campsite? I am not what you would call a skilled fly fisherman but I am decent so the fishing would have to be relatively easy by you guy's standards. I do not care about species, just want a good place to relax and maybe catch a few with my family.

Also, would it be worthwhile to take a guided trip on the bow anywhere from july 7-21? Is the river productive then or would my time be better spent fishing other places?

THanks for the input

syncline or castle falls camp grounds. you have access to a significant # of rivers from 1 min to 45 mins, beaver mine lake and another couple within 15 ish mins from the area, great for kids, close to a small town for provisions and some facilities.

Livingstone Falls. Racehorse/Dutch Creek. Great campgrounds within a few miles of each other with access to a plethora of just gorgeous rivers and streams. I fished there last year when I hadn't the slightest idea what I was doing and caught quite a few Cutties. Around that time of year as well.

You could also contract Maxwell from the site here and do a walk and wade. 8 hrs of pure information. And you will surely catch fish. More importantly, you'll catch fish the next day......

Give me a shout when you get here to Chaparral. We'll pull Troutlover out and we'll show you the river around the neighborhood.......

Check out Wyndham Carseland Park, just past Carseland. Its a fairly big campsite, with lots of trees. Its right next to the river, and theres a weir at the far end of the campground. Its a popular spot on long weekends, and all the spots are gone by the Thursday at the latest.

The fishing there wont be that hot since its run off, for a while. Yet that wont stop you from catching fish at all.

Speargrass golf course is on the other side of the river, and has some beautiful views of the river valley.

Yet that wont stop you from catching fish at all.

He said he was a beginner and needed fish WE would consider very easy. The Bow is not the place. Good campsite though...

I'd suggest Lundbreck Falls campground on the Crow. Decent fishing and a good base to 500 miles of trout water within 45 minutes from your camp. Lees Lake, Beauvais, Beaver Mines, Castle, carbondale, Lynx, crow, oldman, racehorse, dutch, etc.

another great place for nice camping and farily easy fishing is the Racehorse Creek campsite.

Good luck. Make sure you know your regs :-)