Fly Fusion Forums

A Few Photos Of My May Langara Trip

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

We had a great time...caught lots of fish and saw a ton of whales...

I am smiling a bit much but the trip was super.

Cheers

Sun

post-1649-1213056816.jpg

post-1649-1213056832.jpg

post-1649-1213056851.jpg

post-1649-1213056864.jpg

Guest Sundancefisher
looks like a successful trip.

It was. We limited out in 2 1/2 days if counting fish brought home.

If counting memories my friends and I (40) had an awesome time. I even won a poker game.

Cheers

I'd like to see you hold that salmon and keep a straight face. :P

I'd love to see more pics, plz.

Got any with a Spirit Bear?

spirit%20bear0121%20copy.gif

I'd guess the fishing is good at this spot.

kermode_test.jpg

You know, your typical Queen Charlotte Islands scenery. lol.

Glad to hear you had a good time.

Guest Sundancefisher
I'd like to see you hold that salmon and keep a straight face. :P

I'd love to see more pics, plz.

Got any with a Spirit Bear?

spirit%20bear0121%20copy.gif

I'd guess the fishing is good at this spot.

kermode_test.jpg

You know, your typical Queen Charlotte Islands scenery. lol.

Glad to hear you had a good time.

Hard not to smile when fishing let alone catching!

Guest Jeremie

wtf are those polar bears?

nice job tho im heading up to tofino today and fishing for springs from wednesday to Friday

Guest Sundancefisher
They are white black bears located in a small region on the West Coast

I looked them up and they are actually black white bears...they change color every spring. During leap years they are often striped.

Wow.....stellar fish! Mike and I are headed to Tasu Sound in a couple of weeks for some big salmon. I hope to join the Tyee Club for my first time out - I'm a virgin ya know LOL

These pics are helping me get excited about going, so thanks for posting. I'm excited about the trip, just not the helicopter flight that will get me in there so every little bit helps!

Tasu is a beautiful place. Hopefully there will be some salmon around to catch, if not the bottom fishing should be good.

Guy at work just got back last week from fishing up by Langara and they didn't catch alot of salmon - said it was too early in the year. But he brought back some wicked good halibut that we ate last night. Wouldn't break my heart to bring back my limit of halibut. But hopefully the salmon are there when we are!

My brother guides out at Tasu sound lodge and he says its really shapping up and they are slamming some huge tyee! have a good trip!

Awesome!!! What's your brother's name? Maybe we'll get lucky enough to have him for a guide!

Awesome!!! What's your brother's name? Maybe we'll get lucky enough to have him for a guide!

West coast resorts, tasu sound lodge lodge right? His name is Damien Brown.... give him a good ol' slud in the belly for me!

West coast resorts, tasu sound lodge lodge right? His name is Damien Brown.... give him a good ol' slud in the belly for me!

That'd be the one! I'll give him a big old slug - always like it when I can punch someone and blame it on someone else :D

• 3 weeks later...

Saw Damien and gave him a big ol' punch in the arm for ya there! I fished with him one afternoon with the other lady on the trip who always asks for him and we had a blast. What a guy - superb guide and real nice person.

We had a great trip - fishing was really really slow (has been so far this whole season) but we managed 75 pounds of salmon between us (me - 22 and 10 pound springs plus various snapper and cod, Mike twin 18's and a 9 pound spring, halibut and various snapper and cod again). He caught his first tyee only to have it swiped by the resident 1,500 pound sea lion "Sparky" who apparently gets more than his fair share of the fish caught there. Bugger. He got one of mine too. We were none too pleased - as are many of the guides and other guests there. Don't mind it so much when you're slaying the fish but when it's tough pickings then it's another story.

Hope you're able to get up there this summer. I seriously can't recommend that lodge enough - spectacular. The location, facilities and staff are absolutely incredible. First class all the way - and I'm pretty particular about that kind of stuff. Hope you get to experience that - it's a real treat.