Fly Fusion Forums

Map Of Alberta Water Bodies

Is there a detailed map of all the lakes, rivers and streams in Alberta?

I know there is one for AB lakes (though i can't remember the name of it) that provide contours. For rivers yu could try google earth...

Peter

Yes all the backroads map books are for sale at Wholesale, as well as tons of other places. MEC, Campers Village, Fishtales, Cdn. Tire, etc. I agree with the idea of using more than one source. I have found errors on all the maps I have used. For example the Backroad map book for SE BC shows a road on the wrong side of Alexander CK. I usually cross reference to check for errors. Sustainable Res. has a new series of maps for the Ghost/Waiporus and the Big Horn -free from Sust Res. or ranger stations.

I have a copy of a book called Lakes of Alberta Directory (special edition). It contains depth (hydrographic) charts of 202 game fish lakes for the province. I have had it for quite a few years so not sure if it is still available. But you could contact:

Jerry & Suzanne Hennig

Lakes of Alberta Directory

Box 25 Site 4 RR2

Onoway, Alberta. T0E 1V0

(403)-967-3971

Russ C

Thanks for all the info - I went to MEC and picked up the southern Alberta Backroads Map (Wholesale was sold out), and also picked up a topo map there of southwestern Alberta ($5) which has a lot of detail and also list access points on the hiking trails. It also gives you an idea of how strenuous the elevation changes are :o

Thanks again, and good fishing.