Fly Fusion Forums

My Oldest Daughter At Bullshead Today...

beedhead

Have my two awesome daughters for the weekend, All I heard from Bree (The oldest, 9 years old) all morning was "Dad are we going to Bullshead today"...I would reply with...''Well deer, you forgot to bring your wind/rain proof jacket from Your moms (in Calgary) and I know its pretty nasty out at the lake today"...Well it didn't matter, she wanted to go, so we did. My youngest wanted to visit with Grandma for the day, so that worked out...Well it was damn windy at the lake, but that didn't stop her, she wanted to fish...This is her 3rd year with a flyrod, and has been fishin since she was 3...I cast out for her, and she does the rest...The flycasting is the next step, but shure she will pick it up quick, as she has picked up the hook set and playing the fish real fast...And learned on the good sized Bullshead Bows...Bree had 3 fish on and got 2 to hand in the hour or so we were there. Then the wind just got to be too much!!...The one fish was a real good one, but didn't want to co-operate for a picture....Very proud!!! ;):D ...Ran into Randy S out there today, and he was doing very well too..

Cheers...Jeff..

008-9.jpg

009-9.jpg

Palms the reel very well...There is a huge grin behind all that wind blown hair...LOL..

010-8.jpg

004-12.jpg

007-7.jpg

003-8.jpg

002-7.jpg

001-6.jpg

012-10.jpg

Thanks guys for the compliments. i like to fly fish and collect flies. my dad is a really good teacher and patient with me so its easy to learn. :) . it was nice to meet u maxwell. my dad says ur the bow river master and i think thats pretty kool. i want my dad to buy me a 4 weight rod but i think he will get me one soon.

have fun fishing guys and gals, Bree. :D

Hey Bree...I think that it is so cool that you like to fly fish and I know it won't be long before you are able to out cast most of us if not all of us...you couldn't get a better teacher than your dad.

Thanx all. She was buggin me all morning to become a member so she could thank you guys for the comments. She thinks the board is pretty cool, And checks it out with me often. (she loves the photo posts)...maxwell, she sure thought allot of you, She said "That guy is pretty Kool, and really knows his stuff, How come the rest of the guys that work here arn't as Kool as him?"...LOL...I thought it was rather funny...She said it pretty loud in the store, and had to tell her to simmer down a bit...LOL... :D ...

Cheers...Jeff..

Great job man...and welcome to the board Bree. My daughter is 8 and she loves fishing as well. I have to get her on the fly rod soon i guess. I only spin cast with my kids in the lake but they have a great time in the boat. i guess i need to get some pics also. we need to get all the kids together sometime Jeff. Would be cool to have a little kids fish-a-thon with all the members kids.

Ed

Great job man...and welcome to the board Bree. My daughter is 8 and she loves fishing as well. I have to get her on the fly rod soon i guess. I only spin cast with my kids in the lake but they have a great time in the boat. i guess i need to get some pics also. we need to get all the kids together sometime Jeff. Would be cool to have a little kids fish-a-thon with all the members kids.

Ed

That sounds like a heck of an Idea, Maybe this early Fall would be good time. Give some time to organize such an event.... perhaps at Bullshead?...Knowing the kids could get into some big willing fish, and keep them interested, as we all know it doesn't take long for kids to lose interest in something if it's not action packed...LOL...Anyone have some Ideas to add???...

Cheers...Jeff..

Way to go Bree...sooner or later you'll bump into my girl there (Nature Girl...she's 7). She was out Monday but didn't stay too long cause all she was catching was the little stockers when she wanted the BIG fish.

welcome bree, great fish you have there. no one is as cool as max, at least not in the fishing department. mind you, there's not a lot of competition there. :P

a family event might be fun. i will not suggest activities as i have no idea what keeps kids interested... but the fishing part sounds good.