Fly Fusion Forums

Police Lake Benchmark Fishing Weekend

WesG ... same situation here..... :(

Maybe I can make some "rough" copies...

Ill be there by about 9:00 and I have LOTS of copies of the log sheets..........Track me down!!

Plan A was to arrive on Thursday, but the weather forecast scared us off. We're now onto Plan B, which is to go for the day on Saturday. We'll be in a 12' aluminum boat dubbed "D.T. Angler". Got my sheets ready (thankfully they're anonymous). See y'all tomorrow. Terry

We had fun too although when that cold wind came up, I was wishing I had worn a few more layers of clothing. There was a pretty good turnout -- quite an impressive armada of toons, tubes, and other fishin craft. I'm really optimistic about the future of this lake. It's in a beautiful location, and I can't wait until those feisty 10-11 inchers grow up. They were more than willing to come out and play, and we even managed a few at 14" and one at 16". Adc, I'll email the sheets -- you don't want the originals, they're all covered with fish slime :lol: . Terry

1609.jpg

yeah, i was also admiring that set up...

i even managed 1 more this afternoon from the dock.

is it a little over kill to catch a 10inch fish on a 15 ft 10wt spey??? i didnt even know he was there, poor thing. LOL. he almost ended up going for a ride. at least i know that weeds do not give head shakes...

thanks again Al.

i am now convinced that Clive is a legend, a myth, the stuff of folklore and tall tails. once again i head south in hopes of meeting the infamous Clive, with offerings of Cuban Cigars... and nope, no Clive. Murray got the Cuban... maybe next time. if there really is a Clive

Who was the guy with the yellow pontoon with the casting platform and long handled motor? What a sweet rig!

That was my good friend Gordon Macleod from High River...........Bonefisher, egg cooker extraoridnaire and owner of "Norm" the infamous tiger torch for starting campfires........Norm has saved our lives a few times in the rain.......... :P

Thanks to everyone who braved the elements and collected some great data...........Good to meet you all.......

I found a brown/grey brimmed hat with cjsw in green letters on the front at the boat launch at Police on Saturday night.......If it belongs to anyone who wants it back, send me a pm.....

Can't believe I missed this but due to an extremely weak cheque this month I was literally anable to fuel up the van for the trip out to Police. :blink: Glad everyone had a good time.

One question: Are the fish stats sheets, for ALL of year one, or just this particular weekend. Let's say I have 10 chances to fish Police this year, would / should I run a stats sheet that I can print off the internet?

Can't believe I missed this but due to an extremely weak cheque this month I was literally anable to fuel up the van for the trip out to Police. :blink: Glad everyone had a good time.

One question: Are the fish stats sheets, for ALL of year one, or just this particular weekend. Let's say I have 10 chances to fish Police this year, would / should I run a stats sheet that I can print off the internet?

I believe that they were just for this weekend...

But Al can confirm this for you.

P

Sorry Brian, I missed your post yesterday........Also sorry you couldn't make it out........Anyway, to answer your question, the plan was simply to "benchmark" the lake over the 3 days this weekend and then do a similar survey next year.....Startin this coming weekend, F&W will be running a creel survey at Police which will run until fall........Fishermen will be surveyed on catch rates as well as other questions and F&W will compile that data separately.........So, bottom line is no need to run any log sheets through the summer but hopefully you will get surveyed if you're there.......

Cheers....

Al....