Fly Fusion Forums

Pike Lakes Near Calgary

new to Alberta fishing, i want to get some pike fishing in. anyone know some close pike lakes near Calgary perferably float tube friendly would be good with 2 wheel drive access thanks

Glenmore Rez, Chesterslu, I mean Chestermere, Glennifer (Dickson), Sylvan, Pine Lake, Buffalo...

I'd fish for the pickerel in most of those over the jacks!

P

No pickerel in those lakes ... whitefish, pike and walleye. :P

Badger is about (what?) 75 minutes SE of YYC .... near Lomond. Some pike pigs in there. You can fish close to the western shore so a tube would be okay BUT beware of the wind on all of our southern reservoirs.

Would second Badger, but it's closer to 2 hours from most parts of Calgary. It's 168km from my place in the deep south to the causeway. Keho and McGregor are nearby and have good pike fishing too if Badger's not in the mood.

Clive's warning is a sound one - the wind can come up in a real hurry in that part of the province and a calm reservoir can turn into a place that's not very fun (or safe) to be on in a float tube. Most of the good fishing is close to shore early in the season anyway.

No pickerel in those lakes ... whitefish, pike and walleye. :P

Badger is about (what?) 75 minutes SE of YYC .... near Lomond. Some pike pigs in there. You can fish close to the western shore so a tube would be okay BUT beware of the wind on all of our southern reservoirs.

I thought it was only windy, when you were out on the waters...LOL... :lol::ph34r:

there are pike in eagle lake.

i caught a smaller one when i was a kid on a spinner.

not sure how good the fishing is though.

there are some pike in langdon lake.. its on the north side of the 22 just past the turn for mckinons.

its a resivour of the irrigation canal.

i have caught 1 decent fish here spin casting probally 6 years ago. only fished it twice but have seen guys out there with a boat.

What about eagle lake by strathmore?

Used to icefish Eagle a bit, always had some luck. Haven't heard many good reports for a few years. Saw the guy next to me pull

a fat 43 incher through the ice about 5 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...